BILLS BILLS BILLS

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
nsewell
Long Time Contributor

BILLS BILLS BILLS

Postby nsewell » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:08 am

This has nothing to do with c-diff....

OK we got my daughter a cell phone for her 13th bday. she has been doing really good til this month. There is this thing called Mobile IM. Well on the cell phone it says its free. NOT. It actually goes off your text messaging usage. So she had 4107 text messages!!!!!!!! Her bill was $632. Im trying to fight it but Im sure Ill have to pay. Sorry but I had to vent!! I cant imagine paying that high of a cell bill. I got medical bills to pay still and I just bought her a $600 bed yesterday before I got this bill. Any suggestions on how she can work it off???

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 am

Nicole,
To my knowledge, texting is never free, but you can buy an extra plan (on my carrier it's $10.00 a month) that provides about 450 hours. of texting. I assume your daughter is in high school, & texting is big with that age, but wow, 4l07!

I'd have her clean house, wash clothes, clean the garage, wash the cars, etc.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Today she got to pick up dog poo, water yard and flower and then pick weeds in front. She will pay for this.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Nsewell- There are cell phones now for teenagers that can be programed for parents numbers, emergency numbers ONLY. I can not remember what they are called. At 13 giving free access of a cell phone is dangerous territory in my opinion. At 13 my daughter would have ran up a $1000 without giving it much thought!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”