The Cruise

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Timaca
Regular Contributor

The Cruise

Postby Timaca » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:11 pm

HI All~

Wanted to post back about the cruise to Alaska. As we checked in to board the boat, we were handed a letter stating that a serious GI bug was going around the ship which caused vomiting and D and the cruise company would happily refund the total cost of the cruise if anyone decided to not go on the voyage. :-0

I did NOT need any more GI issues!

They also had everyone fill out a questionairre about their GI issues...if vomiting or D had been part of their life recently. Fortunately, I could answer NO. They did not ask about C. diff. ;-)

I went on the cruise. I did not get the Norovirus. They had bacterialcidal hand wash every where on the boat for everyone to use. By the end of the trip, the captain announced that only a few passengers had become ill this voyage. That was good. I think many were ill last voyage.

I am now about to start my 3 days off the vanco. This is where I ran into trouble before...so I am hoping for the best.

Timaca

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:00 pm

Timaca,
You're really brave! I think I wouldn't have gone. And I'm so glad that it worked out okay for you. Whew!

Good luck with your 3 days off.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:40 pm

PS,
Did you have fun on the cruise? Are you glad you did it? How did you feel?

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:51 am

timaca- Congrats on your guts to continue on. Not only would I not have gone I most likely would have broke my neck running the other way! Ha!
I hear the Alaskan cruise is wonderful and do intend at some point to go.
Cindy

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:52 am

Timica,
I agree with Nancy. I would have canceled, but sometimes younger people are braver. Glad you didn't get sick. I've heard of this happening before on cruises although when we went years ago, no one got sick.

Good luck with going off Vanco.

Timaca
Regular Contributor

Postby Timaca » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:34 pm

nancy1~ I enjoyed the cruise. It was nice having someone else do the "driving", the cooking, the making of the bed, etc. I had enough energy to do the shore excursions (I had selected easy ones). My GI tract was fine. The cabin steward was a dear to keep me stocked with ice so I could keep my compounded vanco cold, as well as my bicillin shot cold.

Bobbie~ Thanks for your good wishes about going off the vanco. I just completed day 2 off. We'll see what the next 2 days brings! I'll keep you all posted!

Timaca

Return to “Free Form Discussion”