Am I infected?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Terpa
Regular User

Am I infected?

Postby Terpa » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:29 pm

I work at a hospital. And today at work I went to go to the bathroom to pee and 2 water droplets from inside the toilet landed on my lips. Like what in the world!!!. I was in shock. Disgusted. I washed my lips with soap and water afterwards. But now I'm worried sick about getting cdiff. I'm burping, throat burning. It's a staff only bathroom. But I don't know how often that they clean the toilets there. Any advice?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Am I infected?

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:46 am

It doesn't sound like any droplets got into your mouth. That has happened to me before too and I did the same as you washed with soap and water. I would not worry. I never had a problem.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:07 am

You could probably drink a pint of that water and not get c.diff!
Conditions in your gut deal with it.
I don't recommend you try it though :-)

Terpa
Regular User

Postby Terpa » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:37 pm

Thanks y'all! I feel somewhat better after y'all's reply. I will keep you updated! I have my sister's wedding in 2 weeks so I don't have any time to get sick.

Terpa
Regular User

Postby Terpa » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:17 am

Ok so...it's August 23rd.. I've been doing good. Made it thru my sister's wedding on August 18th. I am in Mexico, Cabo to be exact.I woke up not too long ago. Right and left upper quadrant abdominal pain. Epigastric pain. Go to the bathroom. Really soft poop, some of it in bits. I almost feel like I could throw up...what is this?...I thought I was fine..like I thought I was gunna make it thru this without getting it like y'all said. Any ideas what? It's cramping pain as well near my bladder. They have a Dr here I think I read at this resort. I feel some relief since pooping but I'm still crampy under my ribs and now Im scared to go back to bed. I am going to try some Pepto bismol.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:12 am

Everyone gets tummy upsets in Mexico!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:21 pm

Not just Mexico, but many get GI issues when traveling.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”