Gallbladder Polyp

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Gallbladder Polyp

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:33 am

More good news, they’ve found a polyp in my gallbladder. Radiologist told me it’s insignificant and doesn’t cause symptoms but they originally said that about the ulcers in my ileum which have got worse and now need treating, plus I have been having terrible pain in the upper right quadrant for months. I’ve had various tests (HIDA scan, MRI) and this is the only thing that has shown up.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Gallbladder Polyp

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:34 pm

Not on my gall bladder, but on my pancreas. Now I have to go every two years for MRI or MRCP to make sure that it has not changed.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Do you think it causes you any pain, Beth?

Unfortunately it isn’t on my main medical record because the scan was done at a different hospital to usual and they’re not all joined up! I’ll have to ask them to add it as I read they need monitoring, as you’ve said.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:53 pm

Not pain. After c diff I started having elevated levels of pancreatic enzymes - lipase and amylase, but the cyst was not there at the time. It is very small and came some years later. They just track it to make sure there are no changes. I go every 2 years. Will be having the scan in a few weeks. I have some kidney cysts too. With the gall bladder it may be different if it blocks anything or causes inflammation. I'm sure your doctors will monitor you.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:13 am

Same with the lipase and amylase for me! Another thing that the docs would probably dismiss as being related to all this but our shared experiences speak volumes! Thanks for the info and I hope your scan is normal.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”