Let me ’Splain’ It for You

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Let me ’Splain’ It for You

Postby iamsick » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Teresa_68

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Let me ’Splain’ It for You

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't like the odds of not being vaccinated. I know 6 people who died of Covid. All 6 were not vaccinated. Their ages ranged from 38 to 80. I'll take the shot side effects any day. The people that I know who were vaccinated and had breakthrough cases all recovered. Some had really mild cold symptoms.

tomb523
New User

Postby tomb523 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:27 am

So pretty much everything he says is correct, but he fails in his conclusion and link between natural immunity verses vaccine induced. Used to be all vaccines were made from either dead or weakened virus cells. In other words, they gave you the virus so your immune systems could recognize it and build up the right antibodies. This new vaccine does the same thing, but by using mRNA instead of actual virus to "teach" your systems to create antibodies and recognize it when it sees it, but the mechanism in the immune system is the same. The same problem would exist with natural immunity as well in terms of variants.

I am not a doctor either, but I did take a lot of microbiology and cell biology classes in college as I attempted to be a veterinarian (and I enjoy the topic). I also worked for a research veterinarian working on repository illnesses in dogs so I probably have a better than average lay persons knowledge of the subject. I took the vaccine as soon as I could. Contrary to this, I have never, ever taken a flu shot because, I have never, ever exhibited symptoms of the flu. I am for freedom, so yea, you don't want to take it, don't take it, but if you're trying to convince others not to take it, you should be...?

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:41 pm

I am a nurse and
1. Believe that while everyone has a right to their opinion when it flies in the face of proven medical facts it becomes a conspiracy theory and is harmful to public health
2. It is not just your own health that his “theory” threatens but those around you
3. You can’t argue with others’ beliefs BUT
THIS HAS NO PLACE ON A C DIFF WEBSITE

Rita

Return to “Free Form Discussion”