Pets Again

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lauren
Administrator

Pets Again

Postby Lauren » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:30 am

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:19 am

Sammy the Dog seems better & is now (at least temporarily) out of guarantine in the kitchen. (After going through several cans of carpet cleaner.)

The vet. put him on Bane Bac-Lactobicillus Plus in a dispensing syringe -- $13.60. Last yr. when he had the same thing (vet. thinks it could be "allergies") I gave him lact. OTC -- much cheaper.

Here's hoping he's better. I love him dearly but am sick of sickness!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Ok guy's I have a crazy pet story for you!! My co-worker took her dog to a local PETCO to be groomed. She normally takes her dog to a privite groomer but, said she wanted to try PETCO because they were less expensive. Well the day after she got him groomed he had watery "D" and was throwing up all day. She took him to the Vet and he said he had a "intestinal infection" and that he must have picked it up somewhere. Well the only place that he had been was PETCO. He was put on antibiotics for a week and he is fine now. When she was describing all his symptoms fever,mucus,and water "D". I just could not belive it!! I told her oh my god I know how he feels!! Well folks this just go's to show you that this can happen to ANYONE even our pets!!

P.S. She said that, that was her first and LAST time at PETCO. She is gonna spend the extra money next time.

Heather
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 pm

To All Pet Lovers- I saw on CNBC that sugarless treats (human) or anything which contains xyliol (?) can kill your dogs through destroying the liver. I have to admit that my dogs always get bites of whatever I am eating and this is a true eye opener! Be assured I took notice!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”