Counting my blessings and still Thankful

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Counting my blessings and still Thankful

Postby BetsyS » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:21 am

I think we can all agree 2020 cannot be over soon enough. The year has been dominated by bad news: COVID 19, horrible weather; rampant wild fires; economic uncertainty; contentious election; and CDiff for many of us.

I refuse to focus on the bad: I am thankful a Covid vaccine will soon be available. Thankful my family has been spared from Natural disaster. Fortunate to still be working and getting a paycheck.Proud to be living in a Democracy with the opportunity to vote. Pleased to have emerged from the darkness of cancer and CDiff.

I am altering my outlook for this last year, and am grateful for opportunities the challenges presented: We can't sit down together, so friends and I are taking Thanksgiving Dinner to shut-ins; I organized a food drive at work for our local Food bank and we collected 1/2 ton of food and $2200 in four hours; Finacially, I was able donate to relief funds and directly help someone who lost everything in a wildfire. I've been able to enjoy spending time with my 93 yr. old mom singing songs on long drives and having car picnics. I am esp. thankful for the support I have received from this forum; you helped me navigate through a serious health crisis.

Wishing you all blessings this Thanksgiving!

NS789
Regular Contributor

Re: Counting my blessings and still Thankful

Postby NS789 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:57 pm

I admire your positive outlook, Betsy! You're right -- it has been a tough year, but there's still so much to be grateful for. As with Covid and C diff, things WILL get better. It might just take some time.

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
32 y/o female. Got C. diff in Feb. 2020. Prescribed Flagyl (10 days), then Flagyl again (4 days), then Vanco (10 days), then Dificid (10 days), then Dificid again (10 days), then a Vanco taper (5 wks), then a Dificid taper (2 mths) and finally recovered.

healthys
Contributor

Postby healthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:17 am

This is beautiful Betsy!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am

Here’s to better, healthier times ahead!

Rita

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:56 am

Amen to that! Thank you all.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:15 pm

You're right Betsy. We do have a lot to be grateful for. For one, that we are still here and writing on this board when so many have lost their lives to COVID-19 and other illnesses.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”