my sister died

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Nancy1
Administrator

my sister died

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:00 pm

I am very very sorry to say that my younger sister, who has been fighting metastatic melanoma for almost 2 years, died today. She was hospitalized yesterday, seemed to be doing okay at first, but had trouble breathing today, even with oxygen. Her husband says she died peacefully. 6/6/06, what a terrible day... And it's been a horrible year, with my father dying in February. My mom isn't doing well at all, as you might imagine.

As I am committed to babysitting for my little grandson this week, while his father takes a class, we hope to fly to West Virginia on Saturday. Because my grandson is in a country and a situation that he's not used to, I don't want to put him in daycare now.

This makes my cdiff seem small.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Nancy i am sorry to hear the news. I know how you tried to stay away from sister with fear of her contracting C Diff. You know when it rains...it pours. Today is a sucky day but just think perhaps she won't be in anymore pain. She will be able to watch you from upstairs and help you out with your c diff struggles.
My condolances..... Try to stay strong

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:43 pm

Nancy,
So sorry. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 am

Nancy- So sorry for your loss. Hold that grandbaby close and try to find peace.
Cindy

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. She is in a far better place where she will never have to worry about being sick again. It is so hard on your family to loose her, I am sure, but she will never suffer again. My thoughts and prayers are with her, with you and all your family. I am sending you a huge hug! Take care of you and that beautiful grandbaby of yours.
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:41 am

Nancy,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know what you are going through. I have lost the two most important people in my life. My mother died when I was 14yrs old of Cancer and my father died 5yrs ago of sepsis. It is so hard right now but, just know that in time you will heal from this. I always tell people that I will never "get over" the death of my parents but, it does get better. Again so sorry and just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:19 am

Nancy - what a shame. I am so sorry about your sister. This must be a very sad time for you.

Beverly
Contributor

Postby Beverly » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Thinking of you and praying you will have the strength to get through this...I have two sisters and can't imagine your grief....

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Dear Friends,

Thank you all so much for your kind and caring comments. I appreciate them more than I can say. You folks mean so much to me.

I will miss my sister forever. And I am so glad that my grandson is here now. He is a little ray of sunshine in the darkness.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:31 am

Nancy,
Take care of you You've had a lot to deal with lately.

Isn't it amazing how a little one can bring such joy! You need this now. Enjoy!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:30 am

We are back from WV. It was tremendously hard, much more than when my dad died in February. Everyone was in so much pain. And I worry about my mom. We will probably go back again in August to help her clean out her house. Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:39 pm

Welcome back, Nancy.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”