To Marcia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Marcia

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 am

You've come a long way since your bout with C. diff. Congrats. on your new job & happy you are corresponding with your sister. Keeping busy helps keep our minds off C. diff.

Thanks for helping so much with the site & sticking around to help others. So many say they will -- so few do.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Hey Bobbie Thanks! Actually today was not a good day at work. I had my work cut out for me until i do not what the heck happend (computer guy will find out tomorrow) anyways i was supposed to print today's envoices but it somehow printed like 3 day's worth. So i had to go one by one and pick out todays out of maybe like 600 or more papers. Well at least it's fixable. I just wanted to know where it went wrong. Won't know til tomorrow, i do not think is something i did but not sure. Let u know later, must be the day 6/6/06 :/

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:48 pm

Marcia,
I've always thought everything was "my" fault -- must be my upbringing. Many times it's not, and even if it is, so what? Everyone (including docs. )make mistakes -- and they are well paid for their errors.

I've learned to say, "I'm sorry" once only (if it is my fault) and then don't say anything more. We worriers are a sorry lot and need to have thicker skins!

Good luck tomorrow. It was probably the blanketly blank computer anyway!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:21 am

Marcia even if it was something you did wrong........if that is the worst you ever do wrong your employer is extremely blessed to have you on their team! Don't worry about it.
Cindy

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Does spaghetti sauce have an effect on you? I ate a plate yesterday and i felt like burping a lot and then later i got a little nautious. I went to bed feeling really yucky, like wanting to go to the b room. I concentrated really hard to get 3 hours of sleep and soon as i woke up i rushed to the b room. I went twice and the second one was very runny with rotten smell. I got my period last night, i usually get it during the day but it came late yesterday so between the cramps and the upset stomach it's been up and down all day for me. I took a total of 4 peptos but decided to just let it be and not try to stop it with the pills. I been feeling feeling nautious at times, feels like if i make myself throw up i will feel better afterwards. I just don't want to stir things inside more than they are. I fear a relapse or a reocurrence but i will wait and see what happens tonight and tomorrow before i panic.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:10 pm

I also ate spagetti yesterday. I dont think it effected me. But the ice cream cone has. I am sooo bloated. I also have my period right now so it's hard to tell what exactly is going on and from what. Maybe it's because your not used to it. A couple nights ago I had a big mac, first one in a year, and I felt like vomitting. Take it easy for a couple days.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:16 pm

The thing is i've been eating spaghetti but always i go light on the sauce, perhaps i put more yesterday. I remember a few months ago I had same thing happen after i ate a plate of it but it wasn't as bad as this one because i was not on my period. I got one of those therma heating pads on. I really had a crappy night and morning. I am just glad i made the work day. I hope i get a better sleep tonight. Not eating anything. Thanks!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Marcia- Ask your doctor for phenergran for the times your become nauseated. If you take half of one it usually will take it right away without making you tired if you get to it in time. Anyone with intestinal problems do experience nausea quite frequently and doctors will prescribe the phenergran willingly.
Cindy

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 pm

Marcia,
Read FAQ-Hormones. Not much info. there, but many people on this site have mentioned stomach upset around the same time as their period.

I was nervous about eating various foods for a long time -- even after I got over C. diff. Now, I eat everything within reason. I drink wine and have IBS & acid reflux (alcohol is a "no no" with both) but have decided at my age, I choose quality of life over quantity. Sometimes I suffer, & sometimes I don't.

Hope work went better today.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 pm

Bobbie- I agree.......If I leave this world it definitely will not be with me depriving myself of all the finer things in life. With a few exceptions (as you and I have discussed! ha)
Cindy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:26 am

Marcia,

I eat spaghetti sauce quite often it doesn't really bother me except for occcassional heartburn. But for my son who has GERD once or twice he has thrown up after eating eat.
Tomatoes in general are not very good on your insides and they are ever acidic.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:27 am

Sorry, that's very acidic. I've got to get better at checking my spelling!!!!

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:03 am

Well i'm still feeling iffy. Yesterday morning was fine but last night i started feeling like pressure in the middle upper stomach, a feeling of having to burp. This morning i'm having urges. I am trying to stay calm but not sure whats happening. I hate it when an upset stomach lasts more than one day. I been only eating toast.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:06 am

I was reading my post back in March and i'm kinda feeling the same way. So i will just wait it out. I think i get periods of IBS and periods of "normal" so hopefully this is one of those ever changing situation. The good thing is Friday (work) but bad at same time because of doctors. Don't worry guys i will let you know how it's going. I just need to speak out my fears. Nobody understands, well husband does but he's saying is "everything is going to be alright".

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:32 pm

Got my first ticket :( Supposedly rolling over a stop sign (doing a California stop).
I've got my license for almost a year and it's my first ticket, embarrasing i was returning from lunch and as i turned to my work place he put his lights on ( i saw him doing a u turn i said shoot i'm fudged) $240 dollar bill!!! it should of been a warning!! Well i thought i stopped but he said i slowed down and went. Oh well, Now i gotta be verrrry careful from now on. I feel like he is going to be on the look out.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”