To Marcia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:40 pm

Hello everybody
I have a dentist appt for July 5th for a cleaning (i have not done it in years!) can a simple (or deep) teeth cleaning turn into an infection??? I am so paranoid of my gums being infected after my treatment that i'm a little concern. I know root canals and fillings have chance of infection but not sure about cleanings.
If anyone has time to answer i will appreciate it.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:25 pm

Marcia,
I have gone to the dentist twice for a cleaning while still having c diff. My last one was just a couple of months ago while pulsing. I was fine and am still pulsing. Just tell them to be gentle if they really have to scrape because you haven't gone in a while. Good luck

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:56 am

Marcia,
Tell the dental hygienist you want her to give you a "swish" of Peridex before the cleaning & get a script from the dentist for it & use it for a day or two after the cleaning. It is an antibiotic mouthwash but has little absorption. Do check this info. out with a pharmacist, though, & remember everyone is different. I've used Peridex for years off & on w/o a problem, but check with your own dentist.

A simple cleaning shouldn't cause a problem. With your heart problems, you should take good care of your teeth because problems that affect the heart can start in your mouth.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”