I haven't forgotten you!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
millie
Regular Contributor

I haven't forgotten you!

Postby millie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:33 pm

Hi--just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you all! I've just had a lot of new health problems the past few months, and my doctor found a sticture in my colon when I had my last colonoscopy. That was very likely a contributing factor to the serious anemia, along with the immune suppressant I've been taking for my Crohns. I'm taking iron now that we have ruled out some things, but I suspect that itself is causing some problems, but of course, there really aren't any other options!

Then, one month ago, we lost our cockatiel, Buddy Girl, and we are very sad. She had liver disease that led to some other problems, and she was one tough little lady, at the same time also being just the biggest Cuddlebunny! She left quite a legacy, in addition to the footprints she left in our hearts, as her doctor learned so much from her. Liver disease is very common in birds, and her doctor has established a clear link to reproductive issues. We tried some things that her doctor had just been thinking about, and we had some incredible results with Omega 3 (Barlean's flax oil) and a new type of milk thistle that is 10 times more bioavailable than standard milk thistle. But Buddy Girl had other health problems as a result of the liver disease and atherolscerosis (yes, birds, too!) and she had an enlarged heart and a murmur for at least 3 years. She had egg-yolk peritonitis 3 years ago, which most birds do not survive, so that is why we were able to have 3 more wonderful years with her. This bird loved every day of her life, and the day before she died she was Buddy Girl at her best. We think she either had a stroke or a clot that went to her lungs. She was our second cockatiel, so now she has joined her 4 brothers at the Rainbow Bridge. She was also very beautiful, and she loved blueberries so much! I wish I could post a picture of her, but don't have any digital ones, and we cannot get our scanner to work with this computer! I spoke with the breeder who raised her until we got her at 2 months, and it was wonderful to speak with someone who was as thrilled by this little being as we were! We think cockatiels just have to be one of God's sweetest creations. We will probably get another bird, and it very likely will be a cockatiel--they are so addicting!

Anyway, as I said, don't think I've forgotten you or the whole Cdiff problem. For right now, I just cannot contribute much, and I'm glad that Bobbie is getting some great help on the site! Take care, guys.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:32 am

Glad to hear from you, Millie, as I know you are going through (& have been through) a lot. You've been an inspiration to many others on this site. For now, take care of you.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:24 am

Millie- With all the love that you have to give your pet and for all the happy times you had........you need to get another pet NOW.........it will never replace Buddygirl for sure but each pet finds a place of their own within your heart. I truly believe if not for my dog I would be dead today.
Take care dear friend and know we miss you!
Cindy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”