How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Postby D1dad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am

My sister works in healthcare and is awaiting test results. Sudden temp over 103 and positive for pneumonia. Now granted, these kinds of illness aren’t uncommon for Ohio in early spring, concerning none the less. She’s improved dramatically the last couple days but no results yet. She took the test on Monday.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:18 pm

The good thing is that your sister is improving, whatever caused her illness. Many people get over this virus too. We know a man who has been in ICU this whole week on a ventilator. Was given the anti-malarial drug and did not respond. Now they are doing a clinical trial on him with an antiviral drug. His wife is sick too, but not hospitalized. It hits people very differently. Unfortunately, he has diabetes too and that is an added risk factor for complications.

We have more and more cases in L.A. as it is the largest county in the nation. Only going out for a walk in the neighborhood away from everyone else. Instacart workers are going to go on strike next week and we have been using that service for grocery delivery.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:15 pm

She found out today the test was negative. Obviously viral because no antibiotics were given. Admission wasn’t even a consideration because they wanna save the beds just in case. We’re not far from Detroit which is becoming a major hotspot.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:58 am

Glad she was negative. We have over 1800 cases now in the county and more deaths. Some nursing homes have been hit. This is like living in a Sci-Fi movie.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:51 am

I agree. Stay inside Beth for as long as you can. I’ve had to run out for a few things but not much. I have a place in the upper peninsula of Michigan which is sounding pretty good about now. Being cooped up is starting to wear on me.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am

As an essential service, my bank has to stay open. I've been able to work from home the last three weeks because of ongoing health issues, but had to go in Friday. I isolated in my office to avoid contact. I found out some of the staff is resentful i "get" to work from home. They are scared of getting it too. I told them they were lucky they didn't have underlying health issues. Their chances of recovery are far better than mine.

My last outing was 10 days ago to the grocery store, and I took precautions. i am done now; it's just not worth the risk. I've ordered groceries online for pick up, and have neighbors who will help. We are in this together.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:47 pm

There is an up side to this!
The surge in hand washing and infection control should have a huge impact on reducing c.diff for years to come!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”