How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Zay
Regular User

Re: How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Postby Zay » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:58 am

Oh it definitely does! We started buying a few extra groceries here and there so we don't really have to go shopping for the next month or so.

That is worrisome it is so close to home for you. I hope the majority, and yourself stay health, and if someone does fall ill it is mild. It is good that the community is reaching out to prepare!

We recently found out a patient who tested positive was accidentally released from quarentine here the other day so that is why I think everyone is suddenly buying cartloads of supplies because it wasn't like this last week .

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:25 pm

I am still in the fence about all of this. At one hand I feel it going to be just another like the flu virus but at the same time I am little scared. I have a Disneyland trip planned for May ( had to move because of c diff in February). I just don't want to expose my kiddo if I don't have to but at the same time hoping to know more by then too. We have had this planned for a year now. Thank c diff and the corovirus.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:13 pm

I have a business trip to Florida scheduled for mid-April. I am waiting to see what happens here in Oregon. I will cancel if the outbreak gets momentum. I don't want to be potential carrier.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 am

I am going to Disneyland next week with my family and a field trip with our school. School has not canceled it. In June we were planning on going to Hawaii. I guess time will tell what happens. Went to buy some individually wrapped hand wipes that I always keep in my car and all stores are out. I guess everyone is on edge.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 am

I stopped by Costco on my way home from work to pick up a chicken. It has been cleaned out! They are out of TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer, wipes, cleaners, bleach etc. and water. Why on earth do people need to stick up on bottled water???? Our water supply is intact.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:05 am

That's crazy! I guess they are worried in case they are quarantined.

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:22 pm

I guess people are panicked because there have been talk of economic disruptions?

It shouldnt effect the tap and electricity and stuff, but a lot of folk don't actually drink tap. I really wish people would have started slowly buying stuff before, because panic shopping causes even bigger economic disruptions, but it is hard to know what to do in these situations as you don't know if it is gonna be bad or not.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:37 am

They just closed our schools and I am starting to feel nervous about Coronavirus. Even our state Health agency says the number of cases in our area are woefully under reported because of lack of tests. I am still in recovery from C Diff (8 weeks since last dose of Vanco) and surgery, but have been suffering from IBS. I have kept my anxiety about everything under control so far and I don't want to panic, but this has me on edge because my energy sources are still depleted.

If we're still in recovery, how vulnerable are we to things like C Diff and flu? I work with the public, and am seriously contemplating staying home from work.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Several cases within a mile of where I live so we are staying at home.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 pm

They are in the process of putting my students at home study with teachers doing online classes. Here in CA, things are moving quickly. In the last few days there are more cases. I hate to see the panic, store shelves are empty suddenly and most large employers like Google and FB have everyone working at home.
Keeping people at home is the safest way to go, they have cancelled games and all large events. This is a big effort to hopefully not expose large amounts of people.
It appears there will be more test next week. Due to the large population here in the US, it is a massive amount of test needed.

I am hoping people can stay home and we see less and less of this illness. I believe it's more than just a flu and handwashing is extremely important.

Stay well everyone, stay home if you are able to

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:15 pm

I dont think there much point in testing anymore.
Its just expensive statistic gathering.
The treatment (lack of) and isolation is the same regardless of the result and by the time the results back your either getting better or if your one of the unlucky ones your seriously ill and it's clearly covid 19.
BUT put it into perspective.
2500 died today from mosquito bites
100+ from c.diff and 120+ from snake bites.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm

I'll be staying away from mosquitoes and snakes too! I called my ID for direction. The good news was she said recovering from C Diff doesn't make me more vulnerable to catching Coronavirus. However, I am 60 and also have lung damage from Whooping cough and asthma, which is more of a concern. She recommended I work from home if possible. My boss gave me the thumbs up.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:07 am

My respiratory tract has never been the same since I had whooping cough 6 years ago that I caught from one of my students. I am a teacher in CA. Last week we had a field trip to a museum and this week was at Disneyland of all places to be. Two days later (yesterday) they closed our school and we had to go to meetings all day to learn how to teach online classes when school resumes,after spring break in 2 weeks. Today I joined the meetings via my computer at home as several faculty members were coughing at yesterday's meetings. Am I nervous? You bet. My husband and I have been trying to get groceries for the last 2 days and it is extremely difficult. First of all, the parking lots are full. If you can find a place to park, the lines are horrendous to check out and shelves are bare. Couldn’t even get potatoes! That has me more stressed than the exposure to students and the field trips. Try and stay calm and close to home. I am 65 and ready to retire and have heart problems, so am at greater risk. Although I read that in China a 98 year old priest got the virus and after 2 weeks was fine. Go figure.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:52 am

Knowing your luck Beth, you will be fine but your computer will get a virus!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:12 am

Heres the UK latest info

All employees will receive (mandatory) paid leave to avoid the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus starting from March 11,2020.
Offices will resume after 2 weeks of the mandatory closure.
Check the link to see if your company is listed:
http://bit.ly/MandatoryPaidLeave

Return to “Free Form Discussion”