Can the body heal itself?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
BugBuster
Brand New Poster

Can the body heal itself?

Postby BugBuster » Sun May 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi everyone,

First I want to thank you all for this site. I have had to learn quickly about super-bacteria and the net has been a Godsend for information available.

Summary of our story:
About 2 months ago my son acquired CA-MRSA after scrapping his knee while riding his skateboard. He had a bad attack of about six horrible boils eating away at his legs and numerous small ones.
I was told by his doctor that the antibiotic cocktail prescribed would kill it and it would not come back. They did go away, however I have been networking with others and learned that this will come back and sadly they were right.
Thanks to the info I have received from the internet, I didn't let my guard down and started researching how to deal with super-bacteria without depending so much on antibiotics.
I believe that the body can heal itself from almost anything when given the right nutrients to support the healing process.
My son has had two reoccurrences (since 3-25-06) and has recovered without anymore use of antibiotics.
I am trying to use antibiotics only in life threatening situations.
I monitor him very closely for any symptoms of a more serious attack from this bacteria.
He is feeling great and the reoccurrences have been minimal.

What brings me to this site?
I have shared my son's progress with a friend whose husband is suffering with C-Diff.
His health is declining rapidly and she is asking me what we have used to help our son.

My impression is that we must build up the good bacteria in the gut to combat these super-bacteria.
The main nutrients we are using are:
ALLICIN: Natural antibiotic properities
Dr. Ohhira's TH10 Lactic acid probiotic
Primal Defense
Glyconutrients
We are using an increased amount of these products to deal with my son's condition.
(This is only my opinion and my decision made through research, not intended to influence others)

My question:
Has anyone used these or similar products that you believe has helped you deal with C Diff? Please share any drugs that have help you or
any other suggestion. Thank you very much. God bless, BB

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sun May 21, 2006 9:15 pm

I think everyone is different. I for one need the meds but there was a story in the paper about a woman that had c-diff. They only treated her with probiotics. She said it took awhile to get rid of it but eventually did just with that. I think it depends on if you have colitis from the c-diff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 22, 2006 10:50 am

BugBuster,
Thanks for the info.

MRSA & C. diff. are both increasing rapidly & need more attention from the media, the public, & pharm. companies to find new treatments to combat them.

We have some of the supplements you've listed in FAQ-Probiotics & Treatments. There has been controversy about Primal Defense lately.

Read Dr. Borody's article. He & Dr. Allen (both experts on C. diff.) feel that if the Bacteriodes (good bacteria in the GI tract) are "wiped out," more invasive produdures are needed to replenish them -- such as Dr. Borody's infusion & Dr. Allen's broth procedure. I had C. diff. twice (the first time for 4 yrs.), & tried every probiotic available w/o luck. Dr. Alllen's broth method worked me after the first failed attempt. It also worked the second time I had C. diff.

Stopping the offending antibiotics will control C. diff. in some people; others need Flagyl or Vanco., particularly if they have the most serious form -- pseudo mem. colitis. Oral probiotics have helped some but others do little for others. VSL3 of one of the newest probiotics & seems to have more research behind it. Several on this site are having good luck with Bio-K.

Everyone need to check the use of any supplement with his/her own doc.

We hope your son continues to do well.

BugBuster
Brand New Poster

Postby BugBuster » Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 pm

Thank you very much for your input and kindness. I will reseach these things mentioned and get back to my friend with C-Diff.

The hard part is that they have been dependant on Western medicine all their lives and working with the body is a new concept for them. This is the second time now for him to be admitted to the hospital because of a C-Diff and they are starting to want to know how to work with the body to heal.

I spoke with a company regarding a product that is helping others to recover from C-Diff in about a week. They said that it is of the utmost importance to avoid acid blocking type meds to avoid a reoccurrence.
My friend might try this product.
I will let you know of his progress.
Thanks again, BB

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 23, 2006 9:18 pm

Bugbuster,
Beware of "wonder products." If it sounds too good to be true," it usually isn't. We are always open to new ideas, however, but "buyer beware."

Altho. I don't always agree with traditional medicine, it's still most people's first choice, & we suggest checking any new treatment with a medical doc. -- just in case.

BugBuster
Brand New Poster

Postby BugBuster » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:27 am

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing better.

I have some good news to report on both situations that I have mentioned. (See first post for more details)

First a quick update on the MRSA situation.
Unfortunately 3 of our family members came down with MRSA. Our oldest son was the first to get it and antibiotics failed to kill the infection. It kept coming back and was able to spread to the my youngest son and myself.

Thats the bad news.

The good news is that we were able to kill it without drugs. We used topical and internal natural antibiotics that are very potent and effective against super bacteria and don't harm the body.
My oldest son is dorming in college and I am ok with that knowing that he is doing much better with no boils for 7 months now.
And no more boils for the rest of us.

The update on my friend with C-Diff is also good news.
He has diabetes and sadly gets pneumonia often and needs antibiotics.
They did decide to try the suggestions I mentioned to them and it was amazing to see the C-Diff symptoms go away within a week.
He has been hospitalized several times this year for pneumonia and each time he has the antibiotics he gets C-Diff again.
Now they order the probiotics automatically because of the results they have seen.

I am now convinced that the body can recover from these horrible infections because of these two experiences that we have had.
Because our progress has been so good I have been able to help others with MRSA.

This has been the most difficult thing that my family has gone through.
It is God's grace that has brought us through this crisis and He continues to show me that He is in control not me :O)
God bless, BB

Here is an interesting report on C-Diff:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main. ... nbug05.xml

rimbaud
New User

Postby rimbaud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:01 pm

BB-

Care to share the protocol your friend used for c-diff? Did he control the symptoms, or rid himself fully c-diff?

BugBuster
Brand New Poster

Postby BugBuster » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:36 am

Hi RB,

My friend is in and out of the hospital because of complications resulting from diabetes.
The doctors give him antibiotics often. Because of this he developes C-Diff.
It is hard to know if it will ever go away completely for him since the antibiotics he uses makes it come back.
When he develops symptoms he uses the products I mentioned to them and it goes away.

You can email me if you want to contact a company who has helped our family fight MRSA successfully and helped others with C-Diff.
The owner of the company is a tremendous support and very informative.

If you want to connect with him or me please email me. I am sorry I just don't have time to interact on forums. I am working towards a degree in naturopathic medicine, work part-time and somewhere in between a wife a mother ;O)
Take care, BB

Return to “Free Form Discussion”