To Marcia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Marcia

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 21, 2006 11:03 am

Marcia
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 am

Oh man! Well Bobbie it's a 40 hour job. Weekends off which is bad because husband has weekends off so it means going out together and spending $$ that i make during the week. Well So i'm working at this glass fabricating company. I work at the offices, I am the "file clerk" which means i do the job that get's in the way of the "big guns". I just finished my second week this friday past. I literally stapple hundreds of invoces, fax hundreds of orders (takes more than hour faxing), stuffing envelopes and posting them to be mailed (hundreds of them), filing, putting stacks of paper in numerical order (6 diggit #) I can be doing the same thing for couple of hours. Lot's of arm-hand repetition. Now they are having me working closedly with the accounting lady so i can print out the envoces myself, scan them ect. She says i will be doing lot of her job because they want her to work closely with the person who does the shower doors. There are about 8 of us in the office. they have about 4 people on the phones quoting prices for customers and things. It's all about inches and square this square that, man i wish i would of paid attention in my math classes. No wonder i'm the filing because i have no idea what they are talking about!

The receptionist calls me the ultimate golfer hahahaha jokingly. It's not cool for now but you know what it's a job and it's going to pay a few bills. I have a dentist appt next week which is always nerve wrecking. Ok i've talked too much; also they want me to dress in nice "office attire" i have only like 2 pair of black pants that i can wear since i've lost weight. Today i went to mall to get some working clothes but everything was toooo big, and since i'm short everything is too long. That is why i prefer jeans but nooooo i have to dress properly, i'm the ultimate golfer why do i have to dress nice. Hehehehe well talk to you all later :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 21, 2006 11:06 am

Marcia,
The job might turn into something you really like. Try the "petites" dept. for small clothes or even the "teen" stores since you are young. If you order from the Lands End catalog, they will shorten your pants/jeans to any length w/o charge. You can return anything you don't like to any Sears store.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”