Xifaxan?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
CRAIGinSD
Brand New Poster

Xifaxan?

Postby CRAIGinSD » Fri May 19, 2006 3:09 pm

I am wondering if anyone has been prescribed Xifaxan?... and has it been effective... I have had C-diff for 6 months now with mulitple Flagyl regmenes and 6 weeks of Vanco not effective... I am now starting Xifaxan...

Also, any diearty advice?... I am taking Probiotics, Aloe Vera gel, Flax seed oil and a multi Vit... any other suggestions on diet - do's & don'ts..... would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks Craig

CraiginSD@aol.com

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri May 19, 2006 6:24 pm

Craig,
There's info about Xifaxan under the Treatments section, and there's info about diet under Nutrition in the FAQs section.

Have you tried tapering or pulsing off of either Flagyl or vanco? My understanding is that pulsing is more effective than tapering, which didn't work for me (I'm now pulsing off vanco).

Re diet, most people find dairy products (except yogurt) are a problem. Aside from that, what I've found in my almost 7 months of cdiff is that diet is trial and error. What you can tolerate differs from person to person. I can't eat much fat or fiber or anything spicy, and I don't drink coffee or alcohol.

Good luck.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:23 pm

Craig,
Oops, I should have added that this is not a medical site, so check with your doctor about tapering or pulsing.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”