Right back pain?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Shpakie3
New User

Right back pain?

Postby Shpakie3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello All, I have been experiencing right mid back pain for a month now and i can’t seem to figure out what it is. I am so scared and anxious. Idk if it CDiff related or not. I had ultra sound and CT scan with contrast and both were normal. Blood work good and urinalysis good. Idk where to go from here and neither does my GI. pCP or ID. Help please!! I have been negative from cdiff since June. Thanks in advance.

JR80
Brand New Poster

Re: Right back pain?

Postby JR80 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:20 pm

I have the exact same isssue. Got c diff back in feb 2018 took 3 rounds of Vanco and taper and have been negative since August of 2018. I still have the minor lower right dull back pain(constant) and cramping from time to time. My blood work and tests are fine. I am hoping it is just part of recovery for me. - J
Last edited by JR80 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Right back pain?

Postby AllisS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:29 am

The back pain isn't related to C. diff. The abdominal ultrasound would probably have ruled out kidney stone, which can cause pain in that area. Appendix is on the right; however, if that was the problem, the pain would likely be acute. I don't know what the cause of the pain would be, but it really has nothing to do with recovery from C. diff.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “Free Form Discussion”