LANE

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: LANE

Postby justme » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 pm

I am very worried about my daughter. She lives in Wilmington, SC. She decided to ride Hurricane Florence out in her apartment because she didn't want to leave her 3 cats. She is probably alright and we would have heard if she isn't, but that doesn't quell our fears and nothing will until we hear from her. What are the odds that in one family (ours), three hurricanes threatened one family. We had Lane which didn't do much damage to our island. Then, Typhoon Jebi hit Japan where our son lives with his family (he is a government contractor working at Yokota Air Base for the next four years). Fortunately, they had no damage because base housing is reinforced concrete and steel. And now our daughter. Hopefully, she will be able to get to a phone so her Dad and I can get some sleep.
Aloha
Anne

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:37 am

I hope your family is all safe now, Anne. Florence was a devastating hurricane.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Thank you Lisa. We still haven't heard from Marnie so the anxiety is still there, but I think no news may be good news.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:30 am

Worry over! We got a collect call from a hospital in Wilmington asking if we would accept a collect call from Marnie. Of course, I said yes instantly. She was at the hospital because she had a bad bug bite and her leg was swollen and they were treating her. Other than that, she is okay and rode out the storm playing board games with her neighbor and kids. Her Dad and I can sleep now. Aloha and goodnight.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:36 am

Typical of our kids!
They dont think your worried because they might be under a pile of rubble but call Mom because they have a bug bite!
Glad your all safe and well(ish).

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 am

Glad she is okay! My dad is in Charlotte but was staying with us outside of Chicago during it. It really did a number on N.C..

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Thank you everyone for your support during my recent crises. It's been a rather grueling time for us and your concern and support is greatly appreciated.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:44 am

Glad your daughter is ok!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:21 am

Glad to hear she is okay. Now relax and don't stress. Stress always aggravates my GI symptoms!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”