4 weeks since fmt

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bel61
New User

4 weeks since fmt

Postby Bel61 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:48 am

Hello all,
It has been 4 weeks since my fmt and it has been very rocky to say the least. I was hospitalized for 3 days a week and a half after transplant due to severe pain continued diarrhea and severely low sodium levels. The internist there had me start taking pepto and it worked very well after a while. Too well as I ended up with severe constipation after about a week and a half. I had one really good day last week then started going down hill. I have had severe intestinal pain for 6 days and would swear that the c diff is back except I don't have diarrhea. For the last 3 days I have had constant nausea and can barely eat. Am now down to 90 pounds. The abdominal and low back pain is terrible and am having a difficult time sleeping. The pain that is different is the one that is to the left of my belly button and then it starts this terrible burning sensation. It does not let up. My question is could this be pancreas problems or just severe ibs? I am seeing my pcp tomorrow and will get my enzymes checked.
I am plait is not c diff coming back but this pain is even worse than that at times. The nausea is sometimes debilitating and lasts most of the day. I am taking nausea meds but they only help temporarily. Can severe ibs present like this?
This has been so difficult and am now going to start counseling due to the severe anxiety.
I know there have been posters that ended up with pancreatitis post c diff and would like to know their symptoms, how it was treated and what their outcomes were. Thanks ahead of time.
I went to my GI doc last week and they said they would not do another fmt on me due to my reaction to the first one. They are going to send a referral to a group of infectious disease docs so that is promising. I pray I won't need them but it''s nice to know that they would be on board if I do relapse.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 4 weeks since fmt

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I am one of the ones who wound up with pancreatitis after c difficile. Yes, what you describe can be related to the pancreas, so good idea to get those enzymes checked. My GI did an abdominal ultrasound. It also shows the liver and gall bladder. You might ask for that if you haven't already had it done.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 4 weeks since fmt

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 am

I had IBS for weeks after an FMT. Eventually recovered.

Hang in there, Best of luck.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”