Anxiety/NutriSuppz

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
13kwoods
New User

Anxiety/NutriSuppz

Postby 13kwoods » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 am

Doctor prescribed Xanax for the anxiety. Really trying to stay away from big pharma if I can help it.

Thinking of using a holistic product instead.
I found something called NurtirSuppz.

It includes:
VITAMIN B1, B2, B5, B6, NIACIN, BIOTIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ZINC OXIDE, POTASSIUM GLUCONATE, RHODIOLA, LUTEIN, ASHWAGANDHA, CHAMOMILE, GABA, LEMON BALM, SKULLCAP, HAWTHORN, BACOPA, MAGNOLIA, PASSION FLOWER, VALERIAN, L-THEANINE, OAT STRAW, MUCUNA PRURIENS, ST. JOHNS WORT, HOPS, GRIFFONIA SEED EXT 5-HTP

Has anyone tried it?
If so, what type of results have you had?

I know the anxiety will dissipate as I heal, but in the mean time....
Last edited by 13kwoods on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roy
Administrator

Re: Anxiety/NutriSuppz

Postby roy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:25 pm

St John's Wort and Xanax do not mix, it can make depression worse if you take them together.
Sometimes you have to be off them for a week or two before switching to the other.
Supplements are medication and can have unwanted side effects, especialy if your on prescribed meds, so always tell your Dr if your taking them.

13kwoods
New User

Postby 13kwoods » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:11 pm

I am not taking the Xanax at the moment.

I know everyone's biology is different so I will take everything into account.

bocdrt
New User

Postby bocdrt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:51 pm

I've tried something similar in the past (Calm Now by Zhou) but without the ST. JOHNS WORT, since it interacts with so many medications. In my case, it gave me more anxiety X-D, but other people have had great results with it. I have no luck with anti-anxiety medications. I've tried all kinds. They either do nothing / make me worse, or put me to sleep. Which is a shame because I do suffer from anxiety disorder, but lately I've been trying to control it (with some mild success) with meditation.

I do use Xanax for flying because I don't mind falling asleep on a plane, and it helps me a great deal with my fear of turbulence. And recently I've considered taking half a pill here and there on days where the abdominal pain is making me think crazy things. I'm actually going back to the doctor tomorrow because I've been off Flagyl for a week now and I the abdominal pain feels worse than when the whole thing started a month ago. Wish me luck!

13kwoods
New User

Postby 13kwoods » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:37 am

Good Luck!

I actually didn't use anything after all.
As my stomach healed the anxiety and heart palps disipated.

However, I seem to be having some gurgling in my gut and D has started again.
Prior to this, though, the rapid heart rate and palps started again and of course, the anxiety. Trying to take deep breaths to get through it and tell myself the biology of healing and the logic of how the gut functions and influences my heart rate, mind set, etc....
But I finally had to break down and take a Xanax. JUst to sleep.
The anxiety (rapid heart rate, rapid toughts, fidgetyness) was keeping me up at night and I was at the point where I was sitting up in bed trying to sleep upright.

I hate taking the Xanax but I like being able to breath without worrying it's my last breath.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”