Sending gift to GI

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Sending gift to GI

Postby Zapper » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Did not think I would ever get to this point of being cdiff free for almost a year now. I ended up sending my GI and his team a cookie delivery with a thank you note basically saying thank you for not giving up and helping me get my life back.
I am still paranoid about cleaning/bleaching/etc. But so glad that every day I feel better than the last. Finally light at the end of the tunnel!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Sending gift to GI

Postby Lid49 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 pm

That is a nice gesture, Glad you feel better. Enjoy your life.
Lidia

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 am

Lovely gesture. Glad you are better.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Good to hear you are doing well Zapper , you had a rough time with Cdiff , I'm hoping to read your success story soon.
Very nice of you to send your GI a present!

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:48 am

I am hoping once I am able to expand more with my diet I can write a success story. Still a struggle. Even tonight, still having my 2-4 hour bathroom trips after eating something that does not sit well with me. Tonight we tried package of brown gravy with our mashed potato.... Obviously not trying that again! :O

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 am

Hi Zapper! Great to see you are doing well. The food intolerances are such a struggle, especially when you try to add a food and it doesn’t work out.
After 8 months or so with IBS symptoms I finally asked my GI doc for a SIBO breath test, and tested positive. Last week I went to a nutritionist, and honestly I wish I had done this a long time ago. She has me on a diet that is working for me, and gave me a supplement called Metagenics Ultra GI Replenish. I think it is really helping with some of my symptoms and my energy level has increased. A nutritionist might be able to guide you on expanding your diet, so something to consider.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”