Flu Issue

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
bnwood9
Contributor

Flu Issue

Postby bnwood9 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 pm

I've been recovered from Cdiff for about a year I would say. My family went through a bout of stomach flu about 2 weeks ago that had massive D. I got it the worst. I started to improve but stupidly I had some bad food to eat on Sunday 1/21/2018 and I've been having ever since bad D every morning that also sometimes has some B in it. I'm curious if my stomach is still healing from the bout and the B I'm seeing is just a result from that? I went to the ER on 1/24/2018 and they did blood tests, an imaging test on the stomach, and etc and found no blood, signs of infection, or anything like that. Just wanted to see if anyone else ever had this issue.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Flu Issue

Postby NanciT » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 pm

I have found that I seem to get any GI issues much worse than I ever had before CDIFF. I have also reacted to typical OTC medication....for no reason. I took ONE AZO and was so ill ended up in the ER ( I was one year out at the time). I am now 3 years out.
I hope you and your family are better soon!
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:02 am

I find that I react much the same as Nancy does. If I take OTC meds, even Benadryl, it seems to hit my GI tract. If I get a GI virus it is more severe and lasts longer than before c difficile.

bnwood9
Contributor

Postby bnwood9 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah. I got the flu and was over the vomiting part on the 11th of January. But then I had been feeling okay until the 22nd. When all of a sudden I started to have diarrhea really bad in the morning. This is the 6th day of it today, on the 28th. I have to work tomorrow so I'm hoping it will start to sort itself out.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”