Doctor didn’t do stool sample again?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
YoungFn
New User

Doctor didn’t do stool sample again?

Postby YoungFn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm

I was curious if this was normal, I had C. difficile a few weeks ago I’ve been off my medication for almost 2 weeks I felt fine until a couple days ago (some mild side pain / mucus in stool) I went to my doctor today and she just refilled my prescription (flaygl 3x a day for 10 days) and gave me some antibiotics . She did not test my stool to see if I still had C. difficile but she did give me a referral to see a GI . Is it normal for her not to retest my stool ? I didn’t know which discussion to put this in.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Doctor didn’t do stool sample again?

Postby NanciT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

The post is fine right here. I would see the GI, most do not test but also don't retreat unless you have days of D. Try and get in sooner if you can. If you are having D, makes sure and tell them and ask for advice on this. You did not mention it, only some l side pain and mucous.
That would make me question if this is actually a relapse??? Call the GI and explain the situation
NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”