Loss

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Loss

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:53 am

Have not been on the site much lately. We both got sick from the “flu” after we returned from FL,
my husband had hand surgery, and a long time friend died. Beth had a similar loss.

The hardest thing about getting older is those we lose along the way,

Thx to the moderators and others who worked so hard while we were gone.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Loss

Postby NanciT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Make sure to take care Bobbie, this is a bad flu. Stay home, plenty of fluids and if additional symptoms develop call the doctor.
I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.....
I hope you and your husband feel better soon!
NanciT

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi Bobbie!

Sorry to hear that you and hubby suffered from the flu. Glad to hear that you survived the flu, it can be quite nasty! Hope you didn't get too bad and are fully over it!

One thing you said hit a chord. About getting older (we are 73 and 72) and those we've lost. All the pets, family and friends, never to enjoy their company, or speak with them ever again. So many things left unsaid.

My wife and I wish that we had been more mature and more understanding during our fast paced and quickly disappearing youth, so that we would have kept in better touch with our parents, them up north, we in Florida.

When in our youth, we just felt that our parents were supposed to be around forever. Time flies by too fast! :(

I guess it is better for us to be talking about the loss of our family and friends than them talking about us!

Best regards, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:52 am

Bob. Sounds as though we are "in the same boat." I am 77 - my husband is 78. We are going to a second memorial this month next weekend. Such fun!

I agree - where has the time gone?

Feel better,

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:08 pm

I have a dear friend who is 77 (just 3 years older than me). She has had Alzheimers for 5 years now and has been in assisted living. Now she is moving to a full-time care unit. Although she is still alive, the person she was is barely there. I mourn her loss every day as she is slowing slipping away. Soon, she will not remember me at all. My mother just died last month, although she had been mentally unaware of anyone she knew for a long time. As we get older, the losses of those we love start piling up.
Aloha to all,
Anne

bubbe1
New User

Postby bubbe1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:30 am

Hi,

I am so sorry for all of your losses.

I have had one friend pass and she s greatly missed.

However, this post,(and I hope this is okay), is about the loss of friends who are very much alive, but no longer seem interested in pursuing our friendship, since I became ill.

These are people who I have known for more than 40 years,(I'm 70), and who I thought would stick by me, so it saddens me that they have pretty much disappeared.

If I do hear from them, after I initiate contact, the conversations are cursory.

I have learned that how are you doesn't really mean,how are you, so when they ask, I say, okay, even when I'm not.

I do understand that no one wants to listen to someone complain all the time, but I am and have always been there to listen to my friends' problems, both health and otherwise no matter how often they want to talk about them.

I guess what I'm saying in a round about way is, I was hoping for more support from my long time friends.

Anyway, just venting.

thank you if you've read all of my whine!

Laurie

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:27 am

Laurie - What you say hit a chord with me as well. I have lost touch with so many people since I got c diff back in 2008, especially in the early days. As you say, no one really wants to know how you are. The other problem is that most social contact revolves around food - going out to eat, going to someone''s house for dinner, going to a part. It makes it difficult. I have not been able to go back to eating the way I used to before c diff and it has been over 10 years. Things were much better, but then my mother was hospitalized in January and died and the stress took its toll on me.

Hang in there. I do have a few friends that really have stuck by me and it is better to have a few who are good friends than many who are just superficial friends who only hang around when things are going well.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”