To Marcia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Marcia

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Good luck on your job hunt. Did you ever get your final results from cardio? How are you siblings in Mexico? How about a "Barbie" party for your daughter? I used to love planning birthday parties for my kids, but the ones today are so extravagant.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Wed May 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi Bobbie
Well we are calling this people but they will not return the calls. Last week husband talked to the recepcionist i think and she said that the doctor was busy but judging from what the results say it appeared things were ok, but we all know that it doesn't mean nothing. I want to hear it from the cardio. Anyways so called again hopefully they will call. They are quick to ask for insurance but forget about calling. She said that they would of called already if something was wrong. We'll see.
Ok so yes i am starting to look for a full time job now, i was just doing 20 some hours a week. It's been a Year since i do not have a full time job which drives me crazy (except the seasonal job was full time for 2 months). I am afraid of committing myself to a full time job and then dissapointing by me getting sick again, that's where c diff messes up your mind.
Oh my goodness here i go rumbling, sorry i can't keep things short but answering to your ? about the party. We did not have much $$ to do anything but ok she wants a party.... fine. We did not want to do it at a pizza place because it costs to rent the place for a couple of hours. Then i got this idea of water balloons, then Pi~atas, then a pool (8ft around 2.5ft deep), then i wanted water toys, candy, bathing suit, trampoline!! omggggg i'm down 400 dollars so far and have not gotten the trampoline yet. So i guess i would of stuck with pizza place. But i know kids love to get wet and run all over the place. So hopefully it all goes well. A little stressed since this is the first real party i do for her since we moved. We moved here last April and her b day party was in May so i only invited people i was working with at the restaurant, only few came. Now she wants half (or more) of her classmates!!! $$$$$ $$$$$ i want to dig a hole and hide.
My sister emailed me yesterday (she got an account in one of those internet caffes) nothing on my brother. Ok i do will not keep going, because i can; you know that.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sat May 06, 2006 7:23 pm

Got my echocardiogram results. Everything looks normal. The aortic root is normal. No mitral regurgitation. Pericardium is normal (reading this). Normal pulmonary pressures, no significant valve desease. Normal Study.
It concludes as this:
Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis Recommendation: NO
Which i think it means NO as no antibiotics!!!
If you said a prayer for me or had me in your thoughts Thank You!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Great news!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:56 pm

Marcia, that's terrific! I'm sure you're tremendously relieved. No antibiotics, hurray! Finally! My only thought is, why do docs and labs always make us wait so long for results?? It's so darn stressful! But such good news is almost enough to make up for all that...

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sun May 07, 2006 12:24 am

Well we kinda had to go hunting for it but you are right the results make it better but still.
Thanks for all of you with your support, even if i do not have active c diff you continue to cheer me on. It's well appreciated. I start to work on Monday from 8 to 5 monday-friday. Its been a long time i actually have a long days like these but i can just think of that paycheck in return. Hopefully i do not get terminated for my lack of skills. Will keep you posted.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun May 07, 2006 6:36 am

Congrats on th test results and you will do great at your new job !!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 07, 2006 11:46 pm

Marcia,
Re. new job: "Fake it 'til you make it." Never tell anyone you don't know what you are doing. (They probably don't know what they are doing either.) Don't apologize more than once. They are lucky to have you.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm

Bobbie
Everything you told me to do, i don't. What you told me not to, i do. I do not know how to fake things i do not know what to do. I'm just not that bright, and i do tend to apologize too much. I just sometimes try to avoid messing someone's job because of my mistakes.
Tomorrow i will try to walk with a little more confidence. Thanks Bobbie.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Marcia,
You are bright. You just don't have any confidence -- reminds me of myself when I was younger. I've had to work very hard at not apologizing. I will say, "I'm sorry" once only. I also tend to "rattle on" when there is a group of people and an embarrassing silence. I've learned to ask "open ended" questions that can't be answered with a "yes" or "no." Like, "What do you think about. . . .?" If they don't anwer beyond a brief word, I shut my mouth until someone else talks.

Unfortunately, most women are "pleasers." Not good all the time.

Most people don't know what in the H . . . they are doing. They just act like they do. It took me years to figure that one out! Good luck on the job!

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Wed May 10, 2006 1:54 pm

On lunch break, oh man my throat is killing me. I started working on Monday and i'd say 60% of the people in the office (8) were all sick. I was handed papers to copy, to fax to file from every which way. I was praying i could scape a cold but it caught up with me too. Today is my daughter's birthday (and my moms and brothers) but i will not do anything til this Saturday. For the looks of it, looks like husband will have to entertaint. I hope i can tolerate this and do not have to call in sick in my first week working!!! If i'm going to be sick (i am 100% sure) i rather it be for the party than for work. I feel like taking a long ZZZZZzzzzzzz.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Marcia,
I am so sorry that you got sick during your first week of work. That's lousy. I hate it when sick people come to work and pass their colds or whatever around to everyone; we had that a lot at my job because they were so nasty about sick leave usage. Making sick people come to work is stupid. Anyway, I hope you feel much better soon. Get some sleep. I used to take lots of Vitamin C to fight colds, but now I'm too scared of it causing more D.

Would you believe that my sister and her daughter were both born on May 10? And your daughter, your mom, and your brother too -- that's amazing. Must be a good day to be born.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Hey Nancy,
I could not belive everybody was sick and they still came to work. I am working at this glass fabricating company so it's construction season they are very short handed. I have to staple, file, fax hundreds orders per day.
It's funny they have me as the "file clerk" not fun at all. 2 hours faxing, 2 hours stapling, stuffing and posting envelops another few hours. I was ready to quit the first day but now days i am just glad to be alive and working so i'm hanging in there on my 3rd day. My throat feels like sand paper and my ears are burnniingggg. Not a good time at all. I hope i am at my worse over the weekend so i can manage to work next week. Last cold i had remember? I called in sick for 5 days!!!! not good at all but i've always had bad colds that go on for ever. May 10th is a good day to be born, it's Mother's Day in Mexico too. Here is every 2nd Sunday ovethere is always May 10th.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu May 11, 2006 9:28 pm

Marcia- Take lysol wipes to work and keep at your desk. Also keep a bottle of purell handy to use occasionally on your hands. Always lysol the phone on your desk before using it. Paranoid?........You best believe it! Just take as many precautions as you can and hope for the best. If you are coming down with a cold I have found using saline nose spray often and taking robitussin to keep things fluid have helped me to prevent chest infections. Good luck!
Cindy

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri May 12, 2006 9:50 am

Husband went to Walmart to buy something for a bite he got on his arm. He called me to let me know that they have Culturelle. I did not know that, i've been ordering online and paying for shipping and handling. So will buy it at Walmart from now on. The thing is that its not refrigirated but i can just buy it and put it in fridge. Just letting you guys know that perhaps they have Culturelle at your local Walmart. Ok see you!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”