Home

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Home

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Got home late Xmas eve at l:30 AM. Flight was a couple hours late. Had a driver from a pick up service take us home - the driver from hell. He was about 300"lbs - didn't "do" baggage and told us his life history. He jammed my foot between the seats and watched me struggle to get it out.

I sprained my left foot the day we got to Orlando and used a wheelchair some of the time. My youngest g daughter (9 yrs old) pushed me. She said, "She is. MY nanny and I am going to push her." I bet she doesn't weigh 30 lbs but but is a dynamo. Went to a "doc in the box" who xrayed the foot, and said it looked "funny, and to wrap it and stay off it as much as possible.

Had a wonderful time but glad to be home.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Home

Postby Ril » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Seems like despite some minor disasters the trip was well worth it.

Merry Christmas!

Rita

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Welcome home and Merry Christmas! I hope your foot feels better soon.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:59 pm

We sat in front of a child who coughed nonstop. Now we are both sick with resp infections.

I am going to carry a sign that says, "Sick? Stay home."

I have not completely unpacked yet. A late Merry Christmas.

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Belated Merry Christmas and a slightly Happy New Years greeting. I'm sorry about your travel experience..nothing frustrates me more than shared germs when people should stay home. I went to the Dr.'s office last weekend. There was one other lady with 2 young children and myself. One of the kids was coughing and sneezing non-stop but did Mom make him sit down? No, she let him run all over the waiting room, up and down rubbing his hands all over every chair in the room. And then people wonder who viruses spread?? :) I hope you enjoyed Orlando.

ResearchGrandma
Regular Contributor

Postby ResearchGrandma » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 pm

I was diagnosed this past year with a condition that makes me have low white blood count and neutrophils - probably have had this for years - maybe that is what contributed to my C. diff. I have mentioned previously that I am not shy about wearing a surgical mask in public. We flew to CA in Nov - I was masked on the airplane and in the airports. Now that it is flu season and the vaccine is apparently almost useless, I am wearing a mask in supermarkets also - even in my own house when coughing relatives visited. Also, we usually sit in the last row on airplanes, even though the seats don't recline, are near the restrooms, and we are usually surrounded by noisy babies and toddlers. At least (unless someone sick ends up sitting next to you), the coughers and sneezers are usually in front of you, rather than behind you.

I had an upper GI endoscopy in mid Dec to investigate a long standing problem of feeling that food was getting stuck before entering my stomach. About 5-6 days later I noticed white spots on my tongue - now I am being treated for candida. I can't believe the prescription nystatin "mouthwash" has 50% sucrose. This is the first time I have thrush since I was a little kid. The nurse practitioner I saw last week did order blood work - as suspected, neutrophils low. I will call hematologist tomorrow.

Wishing you and everyone a happy and healthy new year.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Smart lady I carry a mask in my purse but it is the crummy cheap type made of light cotton. The most effective is made by 3 M and says "N2." It is more substantial than the others,

I usually sit in the back seat, too, but no choice. They changed our seats because we missed first plane. Airport packed.

I think I will start carrying a sign that says, "I don't care to share your germs. Use them yourself."

Feel better.

ResearchGrandma
Regular Contributor

Postby ResearchGrandma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 pm

I saw my dentist yesterday because the sugar in the "mouthwash" was making my teeth hurt . He didn't think the white spots were thrush after all. So now I have stopped awful "mouthwash".

I find the flimsy surgical masks to be more comfortable than most N95 masks. I have been mostly using the surgical masks. If I do notice that someone is obviously sick near me, I switch to N95. Previously I had been buying the small sized versions of contractor type N95 masks. The areas where the straps were secured inside with staples would always irritate my face and I would end up with red marks. Recently I found another type of small N95 mask that is much more comfortable - 3M Aura 1870.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

I was given that mouthwash before and it was terrible and it did not help. I think there is a lozenge called Mycelex. What does the dentist think the spots are?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Research Grandma,
Thx for the info, will look for the Aura mask.

The world is full of "germs." Never bothered me b4 c diff - but did worry about my son.

I am almost ready to hang a hang a sign around my neck saying, "contagious - stay away."

Return to “Free Form Discussion”