About H Pylori

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

About H Pylori

Postby Marcia » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:40 am

Today on Fox News i heard they were going to talk about a stomach disorder so i tuned in to see if they were going to mentioned c diff. The subject was about H Pylori being linked to heart trouble, also probably linked to colon polyps. This is not relevant but just to let you know if this info might help or feel free to remove. Talked about cranberry juice also preventing e coli from attatching to the walls of bladder and raises the amount of good cholesterol. Down side is taking too much of it can cause diarrhea.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:58 am

Thx., Marcia.
Cranberry juice for UTI's used to be considered an "old wives' tale." Now docs. found it actually has a scientific basis for working. It contains a lot of Vit. C which might cause the D.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:16 am

My sister had what they called ulcers for years, was treated with a restricted diet. Didn't help much. Then they said it was stress. Finally she found out it was H. pylori. This was probably 20 years ago. She had a colonoscopy about 10 years ago and they found polyps; since then she's had to have polyps removed a couple of times. So Marcia, after reading your post, I wonder if her colon polyps were related to her H. pylori.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:40 am

Cranberry juice is also very good for bladder, kidney and uninary tract infections. I've used it for that myself. But it HAS to be juice, not cocktail. The pure juice is what has the ingredient that helps.
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Return to “Free Form Discussion”