Almost 1 Year C.Diff Free

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Musings
Regular Contributor

Almost 1 Year C.Diff Free

Postby Musings » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:50 am

Had been quite active on these forums throughout my experience with c.diff, and well into recovery, but a new job and one of my dogs having spinal surgery has meant a lot less time available for being able to post and respond here but wanted to at least pop in and update as to life almost a year being free from c.diff and maybe help others in the progress.

During c.diff, and for many months afterwards, I couldn't imagine not thinking about it almost constantly but despite still having PI-IBS can say there are days that it doesn't even cross my mind anymore. I might not be back to "normal" GI wise but I can eat what I want (within reason) and the occasional bad day doesn't throw me into a panic as I recognize the damage done to my GI tract from c.diff and the three treatments might take years to dissipate, if it ever does.

For those in the midst of c.diff, please know that it does eventually get better even if it takes a year or more. Be kind to yourself, allow your body time to heal, and stay positive as much as possible. Will try to help out and respond when I can here but if you read my posts and have questions please feel free to private message me as well. I know how much this forum helped me, how amazing the moderators and other members are, and love to be able to give back even if it's just a tiny bit.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Almost 1 Year C.Diff Free

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 am

Thank you so much for your post. With time, the anxiety definitely does get better. I am 3 years out now, and I don't get into a panic anymore when things are off GI-wise. I also am pretty much back to eating normal. I do still have the occasional bout of IBS, but I don't let it get to me anymore. I had zero issues with my gut prior to c-diff. The infection definitely did change things for me. But everybody on here who is suffering right now should focus on these positive stories and read the "success story" forum so that you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Glad you are doing well, Musings!
Lisa

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 am

It's great to hear from you Musings , happy you are doing well , sorry about you dog though , hope he gets well soon .
Wishing you continuous improvement!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 am

Thanks for posting. Glad you are doing well, working and getting on with your life. Wishing you continued good health!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:00 am

Good news Musings. Why don’t you update in Success Stories when you get a minute?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 am

Musings,

Glad to.hear you are better. We are so glad the forum helped. "Misery loves company." At a year, you might think, as
Ril suggested, posting in our form of the the Nobel Prize - " Success Stories."

Thanks for checking in. Way to go!!!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks all, will go ahead and post in the Success Stories as well!

Georgina, my dog is doing well, thank you. She had surgery for a herniated disc in her neck almost 4 weeks ago and now acts like nothing ever happened which makes crate rest and exercise a bit of a challenge...

Return to “Free Form Discussion”