New on board and just tested for C diff

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
peteus
New User

New on board and just tested for C diff

Postby peteus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 pm

HI Everyone.

Here's my story.. I had a lot of work on my mouth and had 2 bouts with prostate problems this year and 4 oral surgurys. I was on 2 courses of Cipro and probaly about 4 of Clydinmycin.. Sorry my spelling isn't the best. It's just been a bad year and normally healthy guy. work out go to gym eat healthy too.. I contacted c diff from the antibotics and no doctor told me about c diff including my oral surgeron. I started to have strong urges and just made it to bathrooom thats how it started. I had formed stools with blood but i also have hemmrroids and figure thats why the blood. So formed stools and blood.. I was having the rubber band preformed for hemmorids and my Rectal doctor said do test you probaly will come up neg but just lets stop guessing. I tested pz and that day i knew i was because the stink was a bad barn that hasn't been cleaned. He put me on Flagyl for 10 days 500mg 3 times a day. He said I have a mild case. I didn't have fever . only once direarra .. id go to bathroom 5 times a day when normally once a day. My question is i was on meds 10 days and last pill was on a saturday at 5 and he had me test on monday in morn with stool sample at Lab corp. I thought for sure i still had it very mild cramps and going to bathroom 3 times a day formed stools but Mushy.. So just got the call that im neg and no more testing.. Too be honest i never really felt sick and no liquid dirrera just very mild crapms once in awhile and normally left side and some urgency.. So my questions are this. It was about 36 hours after taking med and tested is that too soon? I still have a little urgency to go but go to bathroom 3 times mushy formed stools. Mushy though. If someone could give me advice i also suffer from anxiety which is the worst! Thanks for reading.. Hope to hear back and I wish everyone well. Not good to be sick!

peteus
New User

Re: New on board and just tested for C diff

Postby peteus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Oh. Sorry. I asked doctor too soon to test he said no.. He said that it takes time for body to come back reguardless if mild or not. He said I never looked or really felt bad and you had a mild case.. Thats about it. My anxiety has kicked in.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: New on board and just tested for C diff

Postby beth22 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 am

I answered you in your other post in general discussion. Please don't post duplicate posts because it gets confusing. I would suggest you keep the one where I answered you and hopefully others will do so as well.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”