Looking for a forum (if it exists)

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Looking for a forum (if it exists)

Postby Zapper » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm

I met with my immunologist this week.. I have not posted as I have been under the weather.. AGAIN. My son contracted HFM for the 3rd time in 6 months so guess who also is suffering? Currently 102 fever having a hard time controlling it with a Tylenol/motrin mix.
My IgA is nonexistent. The only treatment is low dose lifetime antibiotic- there is no IV therapy for just IgA. I am still pending result for IgG...

I am upset to say the least. There has not been 1 week in the past 2 years that I have been well. If it isn't cdiff, its pneumonia, HFM, bronchitis, ear infections, Norovirus, pink eye, etc etc. I pick up everything I come into contact with.

I am not getting good responses here in regards to Ig deficiencies and keep getting told to "deal with it". I am trying to improve my quality of life and at the ripe age of 29 refuse that I need to just "deal" with the pain and suffering.

Does anyone know of a forum for Ig deficiency? Do they even exist??

roy
Administrator

Re: Looking for a forum (if it exists)

Postby roy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:30 pm

If you google "iga deficiency support group" there's quite a few listed.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for a forum (if it exists)

Postby Zapper » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Yes, I did do this roy.. a lot of them do not have much foot traffic or posts are over 1 year old. Thank you for that suggestion, however.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”