Today at work....

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Today at work....

Postby Marcia » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:57 pm

I have been working part-time at a addictions recovery center. Today i got a call from our local news team (newswatch 12). The lady called to see if they could do a story on the growing problems of Meth users in our county. So i transferred her to the right person. It was so funny i was thinking, Shees!!! i wish they'd call hospitals wanting to do c diff stories, instead of us begging everybody for their attention.
Oh well just thoughts that run into c differ's mind sometimes.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:16 pm

Marcia,
Why don't you call the station and ask them if they'd like to do a story on a little-known disease that is nearing epidemic proportions caused by a frequently caused medication? Mention all the newspapers who have done stories on C. diff. Also mention the CDC and Dr. McDonald's statement.

Do you have your final results from the cardio. yet? Know you go the prelim. ones but were waiting for others.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:44 pm

I've emailed them before. When i went to visit doc so i could get reffered to cardio the lady taking vitals was asking me what i was coming in for. I said "i'm trying to get an ok to avoid antibiotics because of c diff" she asked "C what?" I said "C Diff" she was like "huhhh duh" So ignorant probably thought i was making something up. Til the doc walked in and remembered me and the assistant felt dumb i guess.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:51 am

Marcia,
I continue to keep my fingers crossed for your test results. About people not knowing about cdiff, today I called my ID doc's office (had a question about pulsing, but she's not in today). I told the person answering the phone that I have cdiff and she asked me, now what was that you have, like she'd never heard of it. I was surprised. Or maybe she can't hear well?

Return to “Free Form Discussion”