Stupid Human Move

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Stupid Human Move

Postby justme » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 pm

We just air conditioned part of the house. Most homes here don't have air conditioning because of the way they are constructed and it is VERY expensive. We've both retired now and felt it was time to air condition the main parts of the house. We blocked off the extension that is a den and dining room and the cat's room (yes he has his own room). We put in a pet door so he can go back and forth at will. Unfortunately, we don't have the smartest cat around and he was befuddled by the plastic pet door. I squatted down to show him how to go back and forth by sticking my head through then picking him up and shoving him through head first. All was well until I stood up and pulled a muscle or tendon in my groin. It's taking forever to heal, but I guess I deserve it for being an idiot. He got it eventually and goes back and forth at will. Unfortunately, I am still limping around. It's taking forever to heal. Just venting!
Aloha to all of you,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Stupid Human Move

Postby beth22 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Sorry Anne. I've done stuff like that too. Try putting some heat on it or sometimes ice is better. That's one lucky cat to have his own room. Some kids don't even have one of their own!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Oh Anne!! Sorry !!

Make sure to get it checked if the pain continues!!

Glad the Cat finally figured it out!!

Feel better soon!

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:40 am

Sorry you pulled a muscle Anne , it can be really painful. Whenever I pull a muscle I take 2-3 acupuncture sessions and I'm back to normal.
Cat is very lucky :) . My dog has it's own room too!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

Ugh...sorry about your pulled muscle. Hopefully it starts to feel better soon. I always hurt myself doing silly things. I tore my miniscus just getting out of the car a couple of years ago. LOL It happens to all of us.

Feel better soon.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Feel better, Anne, We "seasoned" citizens sometimes need longer to recover from almost everything.

Are u working on your book? I signed up for a writing class but have not attended yet altho I do have a story started..

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Bobbie: Good for you!! I'm not writing at the moment, but am thinking about it. I'm trying to figure out a good ending and who I want the killer to be. In the meantime, I am taking internet classes (free if you audit) to keep my "little grey cells" (as Perot would say) from atrophy. My husband has retired and spends most of the day watching sports. Getting older has it's pluses, but any little illness or injury seems to take longer to resolve itself and heal. Good luck with your story and have fun in the class.
Aloha nui loa,
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:59 am

NaNoWriMo" <noreply@nanowrimo.org>

I did this a couple of years ago. Great stimulus to write.

I did not make it to writing class. It's a long way away - especially since we have moved.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”