To Marcia

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Marcia

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:37 am

How did your tests turn out? Did you talk to your sister?

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:08 am

Hi Bobbie
Thanks for asking.... like i mentioned before my echo came out ok but they wanted me to return for a second test (echo w/ contrast) to see where is the murmur everybody hears coming from. So they injected this thing so when he looks in the echocardiogram, he can see the dark areas that a regular echo doesn't show. I did this on Friday so will get results this coming week. I hate waiting for results (call) its so scary.
I did talk to my sister and i was so excited that it kinda turned into depression. I always prayed that they would be ok wherever they were and had a fantasy that they were probably doing better than me! but to find out that it hasn't been the case at all. I was crying for 2 days straight and did not want to eat. But then i realize that i need to be strong, specially if i want to travel ovethere or be there for my sis. I sent her some $$ not much but hopefully it helped her some so i feel a little better now. She wrote back (she is using her boss's son computer) saying that thanks and she will save it for a possible treatment for my brother. He is in bad shape, not at all the 9yr old kid i remember. Breaks my heart really but like i said i need to be strong.
I called her twice but i call at her work so i feel like i might take her away from her duties but i wish i could be talking to her all day. It's hard for me to say good bye, maybe not for her since she was only 7 back then, but she doesn't know i've thought of them everyday. She sent a pic!! i quickly put it on a disk and went to develop it and framed it!! i wish i had one of him too :( Gotta stay positive, prayers do get answered and perhaps it wasn't all great news but for a reason i found him maybe it means that they needed my help and they will get it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:20 am

I thought I read something about your tests earlier but couldn't find the post. Hope the results of the second test are good. Lots of people have heart murmurs. Waiting for test results is SO stressful though.

I hope you do get to see your sister and brother. Sad about him -- maybe he will get help. You do have to stay strong, however, altho. it's not always easy to do.

millie
Regular Contributor

Postby millie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Marcia Glad your test turned out OK, and I hope this one does also. It's hard to wait on them. I remember when I had the brain MRI months after my stroke--I was so afraid to have it, but still wanted the information if it was OK. Turned out, it was unchanged, a good thing, but it was that "dark" side I didn't want to uncover!

Glad you got to talk to your sister at last. Do you plan to go there for a visit? How far away are they from where you live? Don't give up on your brother yet, sometimes prayers are answered in roundabout ways--who knows, maybe having you in his life again could turn him in the direction of help. I hope it all comes out OK for you. I only had the one sister, and she's been gone nearly 6 years now. I miss her alot.

Good thoughts for you and your test!

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:05 am

Thank you millie
Well they are all the way down in Veracruz which is way Southern Mexico. We are planning to go visit but we need to put together a plan and $$$ to be able to go. I do not want to have only enough money for th plane and the stay. I want to be able to take her shopping and leave her money for food.
My brother, the way she tells me about him is that he is pretty lost. She says sometimes he sees things or talks by himself. Probably hallucinations. In Mexico homeless people are treated like dogs so i worry about him. You are right hopefully if he is told that i'm trying to get a hold of him perhaps something can click.
Thanks for the support and will let you know the results sometimes today or tomorrow. keeping fingers crossed.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:27 pm

Marcia.
I have all my fingers crossed for your test results. And I hope you're able to go to Veracruz soon and help your sister and your brother. My son just got back from Veracruz on Saturday. He says it's really hot and humid there now, but of course you know that already. Good luck and take care of you. Hugs!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”