Please please respond need help to not relapse

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lovelove
New User

Please please respond need help to not relapse

Postby Lovelove » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 am

Hi everyone,,,i finally got rid of cdiff with a fecal transplant, even after got bladder infection from it and was on macrobid 7 days. Problem now is i have urine infection ureaplama unrealyticum, and BV,, infectious disease dr gave me doxycicline with vanco to supress possible relapse doxy didnt touch infection so then tried erithromicin 1000mg ,one day treatment still taking vanco ,,just stopped vanco and antibiotic but urine infection persists, so my question is dr wants me to take stronger antibiotic with the vanco probiotic keifer until urine infection and bv goes away then just do another fmt but pill form this time ,,i was going to do the fmt pill form b4 the heavy antibiotic but dr feels its a waste of money the good bacteria will die and plus have to wait 3 weeks to try antibiotics by then my bladder will be so much worse. My question is does taking vanco with the antibiotic help from relapsing,with also keifer probiotic etc or should i just do fmt pill form ,im negative cdiff still but fmt dr says doing pill form while being negative is a insurance to not relapse, ,,im so confused just want bv and urine infection gone ,but dont want to deal with the dreaded cdiff to come back ,,any suggestions ,,thank you

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Please please respond need help to not relapse

Postby NanciT » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:12 am

If you have a confirmed infection through culture, have your ID speak with your GI about the best way to treat your infection. As far as BV, it is something we have seen on the site over and over but you have an additional infection. It's possible you may have to take an antibiotic and between the ID and the GI they need to come up with a plan for you.

I had never had BV or bladder infections until I was Post CDIFF, the bladder irritation continues and I see a Urologist now. It was caused from the Vanco, so please discuss with your doctors Vanco can cause bladder issues. Look up Vanco side effects on Web MD, Mayo Clinic etc.

A confirmed infection will need to be treated and we have to use our physicians working together to see us through. None of us know if CDIFF will return.

I did go on Keflex with a positive culture for UTI over a year ago, I continued my probiotic(VSL#3) and did just fine thankfully

Wishing you the best NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Please please respond need help to not relapse

Postby beth22 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Some people have reported getting IBS or SIBO from the pill form of FMT. Are these pulls from OpenBiome or does the doctor make them?

Return to “Free Form Discussion”