Had multiple sinus infections each year treated with Amoxicillin, got rid of them FOREVER!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Machaon
Regular Contributor

Had multiple sinus infections each year treated with Amoxicillin, got rid of them FOREVER!

Postby Machaon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 am

About 15 years ago, after suffering from several sinus infections, one after another, I had just completed a course of Amoxicillin and I felt another damn sinus infection was starting. Out of frustration, I stupidly and recklessly placed my head down in the shower and sprayed diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide into my sinuses. It was very painful. It stuffed up my sinuses much worse, and I suffered for three long, miserable days. What an idiot!

However....... after three days, my sinuses opened up wide, and felt better than they had felt in years! It had done something good! But, what do I do now?

I continued to use the peroxide (greatly diluted) in my sinuses and noticed that it was cleaning out my nasal passages of blood and gunk and debris. I kept doing it until the discharge was always clean and without foam. As the years rolled by I wasn't getting any sinus infections! The Amoxicillin had killed the infection, and then the peroxide healed the sinus membranes so that they would no longer infect! Peroxide WILL NOT kill a sinus infection!

Bottom line: I had accidentally found a way to stop my multiple annual sinus infections. I then spent months and many hours researching what had happened and documenting it to see if the same thing could help other poor unfortunate annual sinus infection sufferers.

My theory is that, in order to avoid repeat sinus infections, the membranes within the nasal passages, including the turbinates, which were damaged by infection, must be healed by using peroxide to kill the bacteria attacking the damaged membranes. Once healed they don't re-infect! :)

I don't expect anyone to try it, especially without medical supervision, but I thought that I would post a link to the documentation just in case anyone is curious.

https://sinus-infections-gone.blogspot. ... th_31.html
Last edited by Machaon on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Had multiple sinus infections each year treated with Amoxicillin, got rid of them FOREVER!

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Did you ever try saline irrigation? I thought that was supposed to heal the passages as well.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Re: Had multiple sinus infections each year treated with Amoxicillin, got rid of them FOREVER!

Postby Machaon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Never tried saline irrigation. When I finally found a cure for my chronic sinus infections, I looked no further. I was elated! My misery was over.

Hopefully the same thing will happen with C-diff!
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Return to “Free Form Discussion”