IBgard

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

IBgard

Postby Cm1619 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 am

Hello all. Still having lots of issues with IBS-D. Seems to be in connection with stress, even mild stress or in connection with my monthly cycle. My GI doctor would only prescribe me the old drug that's been around forver(forget the name but it slows the gut). It works great but it makes me extremely tired and constipated. I'm finally giving IBgard a try after reading about it on this board. Wish me luck! Any success stories with the supplement are much appreciated!

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: IBgard

Postby MKW » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:09 am

Hi, just curious if you had any luck and good results with the IBgard. I have IBS issues myself. Thanks!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 pm

IBS has become my daily reminder of C. Diff, even though I am 4-1/2 years since recovery. It has really affected my life and I have to plan my activities around it. I take Bentyl when it gets really bad. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or don't eat. Of course, it is worse if I indulge in obvious triggers like spicy food and sweets. I tried the peppermint supplement but that irritated my bladder. I wonder how many of us still suffer from IBS years after C. Diff. I read somewhere that the colon takes a very long time to completely heal after an infection like C. Diff. That would explain a lot, but doesn't help those of us who are still suffering the side effects. I'm just glad I'm retired and don't have to go to a job every day.
Aloha to all,
Anne

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Anne, I suffered for well over 4 yrs with an extremely severe case of PI IBS. I had IBS lifelong but not like this. I used questran, then Enteragam, always with Levbid, until about 8 months ago when I took xifaxan. For me, it has been life changing.

Rita

Return to “Free Form Discussion”