Pain on Right side under rib cage

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Healed
Regular User

Pain on Right side under rib cage

Postby Healed » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 am

All~

Diagnosed Feb 26, 2017--Did two rounds of Vanco; finished last pill on March 28th.

During my active cdiff infection I really didn't experience stomach pain. Maybe a pinch or twinge on my left side under my rib cage which would come and go... And then under my right rib cage. Well, back in April, my doctor said it was a spasm and would go away. The Cdiff infection has cleared up, now just dealing with PI- IBS. Whined to my GI doctor cause I thought I was having a relapse. So I got my stool tested- via the EIA toxin A+B on April 11 and tested negative..

I got so worried- Again, I reached out to my PCP to get tested again... becuz I really could not understand, IBS. In any case My stool has been tested 2 more times- afterwards.

Mind you my stools were all formed; no mucous, no blood, but that feeling of high urgency. During this time, Seems like I was going from 5 BM's; Then 3 BM's; Then 2BM

May 17th-- tested again twice-- - both EIA toxin A+B and PCR (both negative) And I truly thank the Lord. Thank you Jesus.

I know a few of you told me I was experiencing PI- IBS. My doctors told me the same thing and healing and recovery will take time.

I still feel a flank pain under my right rib cage near tummy or like I did sit-ups. I also had surgery back in March for another medical procedure on my right side to remove a pulmonary lung nodule -(benign) Thank you Lord.- The surgeon had to go inside my chest walls.
Not sure if the pain I am experiencing is from surgery two months ago... or is this flank pain from IBS.. It is not a sharp pain.. I know some posters mentioned taking Bentayl or Entergram... but I really want to heal naturally... No more pills.

I do have an appointment coming up to meet/a new GI doc just for a talk---

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pain on Right side under rib cage

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:27 am

I would ask the GI. They can always do an ultrasound to see if there is something going on. I would also check with whoever did your surgery. It could be pain from that.

Healed
Regular User

Postby Healed » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:53 am

Thank you Beth22.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:48 am

I agree, check with your surgeon. It can take time to heal and he may want to run some tests.

Let us know how you do

NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”