Prayers to all in the UK

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Prayers to all in the UK

Postby Lisa33 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize the horrible act of terror that happened in Manchester. I know that there are some posters who live in the UK, along with those who may have family and friends there. My prayers go out to all who were affected by this horrific attack. These people are nothing but sick minded individuals. Age clearly does not matter with these animals, as the target was young females who would be at this concert. I'm just sickened by this world. As a mother of a young child, I fear what may lie ahead for her. Unfortunately, being that I live in NY, I am all too familiar with the aftermath of a dreadful attack, as I was deeply affected and touched by 9/11. Although these days leave lasting scars, it is also important to point out that these days will bring out the best in people as humans. People will help each other get through and will support each other and stand together to not let these bastards win. We cannot live in fear of terror or of c-diff for that matter. We gotta live life. Prayers to Manchester.

roy
Administrator

Re: Prayers to all in the UK

Postby roy » Wed May 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Turns out the bomber was born here to parents that were given shelter by England from the horrors of their country of birth.
It's sad to see out military fully armed on the streets of London today.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm

The whole thing is so sickening. I remember that eerie feeling after 9/11, seeing the armed guards and fully suited up law enforcement stationed throughout NYC. It is very unnerving to say the least. What's even sicker is that with time, it became normal to see them every day. I'm sure that it's that same strange feeling for you and everybody over there right now.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Killing and maiming people (and in this case, most of them were little girls and young women) for religious reasons is insane, but unfortunately, it is becoming a new normal in our lives. This type of insanity in the name of religion has to be stopped in any way possible. I am thoroughly disgusted and so is most of the rest of the world (and if not, why not?). My thoughts go out to all of you in England.
Aloha nui loa,
Anne

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed May 24, 2017 6:53 pm

I would not give it the honorable label of being in the name of religion.
It's just mad people being used by even madder cowards.
Loosers!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed May 24, 2017 7:27 pm

True Roy. However, religious zealotry just increases the amount of nut balls who kill other people and gives them a reason to do so. When any religion or other type of group-think encourages this type of action to advance a cause, it is much harder to combat. Unfortunately, the internet has become a useful tool to recruit people who willingly perform atrocious acts like this. It is a new world, with bigger, badder outlaws. It's getting harder and harder to protect ourselves and our communities against these things from happening, but we have to find a way.
Aloha,
Anne

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Fri May 26, 2017 1:25 am

Radical Islam is a psychosis, not a religion, IMO.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:10 am

I agree Allison - no religion condones what they are doing.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 am

My son goes to Manchester often for business. Every where people congregate can be a target.

So sorry for the victims and their families. Prayers for all.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat May 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Anyone or group that deliberately targets children are monsters. They were terrors before, now they are beyond despicable.
And yes Bobbie, anywhere people congregate are "soft targets".
This is madness, not religion.
How do you stop madness??????

Return to “Free Form Discussion”