Hoping it's a virus...

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Musings
Regular Contributor

Hoping it's a virus...

Postby Musings » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 am

Have been c.diff free for approximately four months. Still have not returned to "normal" but I've been progressing despite dealing with PI-IBS and have basically gone back to my life before I got sick.

I have not been on any antibiotics, have not visited a hospital or nursing home, but today the WD has returned with a vengeance as well as some mild cramping and a noisy stomach. Trying to stay positive that it is just a virus, or an issue with the burger I ate last night (my first since having c.diff) but must admit I'm still a bit terrified. Going to stick to the three day rule and try and stay positive that this is just a virus, or a bad episode of IBS, and that my system will calm down soon.

~Lauren

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hoping it's a virus...

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am

I still remember that feeling of fear and anxiety when my gut all of a sudden took a turn for the worst in recovery. Those feelings are so normal. But exactly what you wrote is exactly what you have to do. Give it a couple of days and see if things calm down. That's all we can do is wait and see. Hopefully things will improve and calm down over the next day or two. 4 months is great, so the odds are that this is an IBS episode. Hang in there!

Lisa

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi,
Sorry to see you are suffering....
I have been fighting an upper respiratory bug for over 2 weeks now....My gut is also been giving me some significant issues as well...Mimicking my c diff from last year.....
C diff test came back today negative, so I guess it's a nasty bug running through my system....
Do you have any other symptoms ?
Scott

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 am

Scott, battled a bit of a head/throat cold a few weeks ago but have been feeling better recently so no other symptoms aside from my regular, seasonal allergies.

*knock on wood* Have been feeling better today so am leaning towards possibly a mild case of food poisoning and/or an IBS attack from the burger. Guess I will have to wait quite a while longer before trying red meat again.

Another reminder that even 4 months out will still have some dips in recovery.

~Lauren

Return to “Free Form Discussion”