Check your meat and chicken

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Check your meat and chicken

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:34 pm

For years, our meat and poultry were treated with steroids and antibiotics to encourage growth and sanitation. Now, this is being reviewed. I buy untreated meat and poultry when I can - most stores now carry them. We c differs do not need extra antibiotics.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Check your meat and chicken

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am

Since c-diff, I have literally changed the way I shop and the way I eat. I try to buy as many foods organic, as I can. When it comes to meats, poultry, fruits and veggies, I look for organic, free of antibiotics and hormones. I also buy as much non-GMO products as possible. Although prices are coming down, and supermarkets are all carrying their own line of organic, it is really a shame that to eat healthier and safer, we have to spend so much more money. I wish I had the patience and know-how to make my own garden for veggies. However, I also hate bugs, so that won't go so well either. LOL

Return to “Free Form Discussion”