C diff is history - immune system remains weaker

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C diff is history - immune system remains weaker

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 am

Anne - We have had some kind of flu going around here too. One of our teachers vomited and had to go home. We suspect it may have been norovirus. I hope you are feeling better already. Maybe save the hugging for outdoors where there is fresh air. It's a nice custom though!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Beth: Yea, it's a nasty one. I'm in my third day and coughed all night (although maybe I'll lose some weight, which would not be a bad thing). Hugging is a custom that I personally don't care for, but have gotten used to.
Aloha,
Anne

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm

This flu seems to be one of those all inclusive types where your whole body feels like its affected. First it hits the stomach, then moves up to the lungs and a few of the little buggers stay there bringing on nightly coughing jags, but the rest move into the intestines, where it re-enacts the memories of C. Diff with WD. I feel like sh_t!!! My poor husband is probably thinking - "OMG! I hope I don't get this thing" (but he probably will). One thing you learn from marriage, you share the good stuff and the bad stuff. Wish me luck that this has an end and it will be soon.
Aloha,
Anne

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Woke up this morning with just a cough after a full night's sleep. That was a bad one. I'm glad it's over. Thanks to everyone for comments and sympathy.
Love and aloha,
Anne

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:30 am

I had a really bad episode of flu in april , started with fever and lots of sinus congestion and moved straight away to my chest. Coughing really bad with lots of sputum and chest congestion, stomach was a mess too, it really scared me , went straight to my lung doctor , did X-ray lungs were clear but bronchial wall thickening. Diagnosed with purulent bronchitis , did culture , culture was negative so It must have been a pretty nasty virus. I was given Inosine prabonex that has immunomodulatory and antiviral activities and it worked great , felt improvement in three days from it and it also firmed up my BM.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Georgina: It sounds like the same one I had, but I just rode it out. It was awful and scary. I still have a cough, but that's from allergies and left-over bronchitis. Hawaii is not a good place for allergies, especially in the summer and when the volcano erupts and spews ash that is carried all over the island chain. I stay in my air conditioned office until nightfall. We are planning on air conditioning the whole house this summer. It is good to know there is something that can help with a virus like you had. I got C. Diff after taking antibiotics for pneumonia resulting from a bad case of bronchitis. I'm glad you are feeling better.
Aloha,
Anne

Return to “Free Form Discussion”