hello everyone.

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

hello everyone.

Postby tonia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 am

I just wanted to come give an update to those of you that followed my story. You know that my last hurdle was the severe anxiety, ptsd, germophobia and ocd I was left with. I am very happy to report, it is all now nonexistent!! You may remember I was so afraid that I rehomed my pets. They went to very good homes. One friend took my 3 cats and my mother took my dog. My son moved back home a few months ago with a baby ferret in tow. It took all of five minutes of her being here before I was playing with her. Thst was the first step. I then went on lexapro and am now back to my normal self, so much so that I got a puppy last week. My other furbabies are so comfortable in their homes and my mom and friend have become so attached that I didnt want to take them away.

I still have major gi issues, but no longer test. I will only test now if there is serious pain or blood. I am still very careful in public restrooms, health care environs and with shopping carts and public doors, but I think everyone should do these things.

If you are new to this and suffering the fear and anxiety, please know it will pass. Be patient with yourself and remember there is no shame in seeking help. It will go away and you will have a normal life again. Dont let anyone tell you how you feel is wrong. Self preservation is a very powerful thing that can only be understood by those who have experienced it.

I hope you are all doing well and I want to thank you again for being there when I felt so lodt and hopeless.

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Re: hello everyone.

Postby Ashley20 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 am

Very happy news Tonia! Glad your feeling better, enjoy your new puppy they are lots of fun...just like having another kid. (((Hugs)))

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks for posting Tonia. I'm glad you are doing better and enjoying animals in your home again! Continued good health and good wishes.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:50 am

Glad you have overcome those terrible fears and you got back to enjoying life again. You can still have a normal life after Cdiff , and EVEN WITH CDiff ( in my case) once you stop obsessing over it. I'm so happy for you Tonia , wishing you strength and peace.
I have seen pics of your new furbaby on Facebook , he is a cutie , love him! :)

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:53 pm

This is so great to read, Tonia. I'm so glad that you are overcoming your fears and living your life! Wishing you continued health!

Lisa

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Very good to hear Tonia and thanks for letting us know.

Rita

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:13 am

So happy for you, Tonia!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi, Tonia. Good for you!! Please post in Sucess Stories to encourage others when you feel ready.

Congrats!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Great news Tonia. There is a life after C. Diff, even with any lingering side effects. It just takes time and distance.
Aloha to you and all your furry friends,
Anne

Return to “Free Form Discussion”