Winter in March!!!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Winter in March!!!

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 am

Well, nothing like 2 feet of snow dumped on you in March. Winter decided to hold out until March and wreak havoc on us in NY. I am north of the city, and we got a blizzard that dumped 2 feet of snow. It is so damn cold out as well. Lows in the teens and hasn't been above freezing. They are predicting 1-3 inches on Saturday too. Schools have been closed now for the third consecutive day. Working from home and consecutive school days = get nothing accomplished! LOL! I lived in NY all of my life, and I never get used to the cold. I don't like it at all. I need to be a snowbird in the winter, and go to Florida! I am also envious of all of you Californians. I have been to LA and San Diego several times, and you can't beat that beautiful weather. My husband just got back from LA on business and came back to this blizzard. He wasn't happy in the least. LOL

Oh Spring, where are you?!?!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Winter in March!!!

Postby Musings » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Luckily, we avoided most of the snow here in Massachusetts but dealing with the frigid cold temperatures again as well. Am also ready for some warmer weather!!

~Lauren

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

We had a really cold winter for CA, but yes, this past week we have had beautiful weather in the 80s and 70s. Next week the rain is coming back, but hopefully not the really cold weather. We do get cold, but this year it lasted for months. I don't like the cold weather and it doesn't like me - not my arthritis or thyroid issues. Hang in there, Lisa. Spring will be here soon and when I was in NY in the summer, I remember it being really, really hot!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm

La is typically warm even in the winter, but up here in the bay area, RAIN! We have had so much in my neighborhood a massive oak tree fell on my neighbors home crushing it. The hills are all sliding, sink holes in the roads...it has been a mess up. We had a beautiful day today...wish I could send you some of this California sunshine!! But, rain returns next week. One very positive! We are no longer in a drought!!

Keep warm Lisa, hopefully things will ease up there soon!!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:46 am

We've been 70's-80's all "winter" in central FL, unbelievably hot, and today in the 50's.
Just crazy!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:27 am

I had a student whose family had to move out of their house because a tree fell into it and into the girl's bedroom. It was on the news. Luckily, no one got hurt. We also have had our share of sink holes. My route to work was detoured because of a huge one. I guess being in a drought for so long and then getting almost too much rain at once caused all of these issues. But, it's better than earthquakes!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm

The weather has been so crazy everywhere. Thank God California is out of that severe drought, but boy did it go from one extreme to another. Those sink holes are so crazy and scary!

I am hoping that we at least get above freezing here soon. The Easter Bunny will be hiding eggs in mounds of snow at this point. LOL

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 am

I live in Arizona and the temperature was 98 yesterday, too hot for me. Many snowbirds live in my town and seem to grow more every year....i love winter and wish i lived closer to a colder area

Return to “Free Form Discussion”