more success stories, PLEASE!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
jskvt
Regular User

more success stories, PLEASE!

Postby jskvt » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 pm

One of the most important things which has kept me going through this ordeal is the fact that many of the people on this site HAVE beaten C. Diff. However, it looks like only a small number of folks take the time to post under "success stories" (currently in the FAQ section). There are only about two dozen such tales posted at this thread, but recently I've come across others who post The Good News in their case histories, or mention in passing in other threads that they got over it.

So, if any of you reading this message are among those fortunate enough to have beaten this thing, PLEASE take a moment to either post to the success stories thread or perhaps let a moderator know and they can transfer your case history over to there. It's really encouraging to hear that others did get through this and that it hasn't come back, and I for one think we need more of those stories and give people hope.

Many thanks,
Julian

Allison
Administrator

Postby Allison » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi Julian,

We encourage folks to do this from time to time, but so many are fly-by-night they don't get to see the request before they're outta here.
It's about time for a reminder, though.
The fact that the vast majority of folks ARE here and gone means they have recovered from cdiff and moved on with their lives. That's encouraging, even though we don't always learn the details.

Until you can read more success stories, know that cdiff ALWAYS goes away. I say that with confidence because that's what I've seen for the last six years here.

When you read about the hard-luck, really long struggle some have, remember that those folks are the exception rather than the rule.
The vast majority of folks who get cdiff don't have anywhere near the problems getting rid of it that is common here on the boards.

Hang in there.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Julian,
Allison is right. You will get well.

We've copied all the "success" stories we can find in Gen. Discussion site into FAQ - Success Stories, but don't have time to read all the posts in case histories. Many people don't post once they are "well" altho. we always encourage them to do so.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Julian,
I absolutely agree with you about success stories. We've gotta have hope! I've read that part of the FAQ over and over, more than about anything else, especially after I first found this site. I had been in so much despair, thinking that I'd never get better. (Another thing I really like, and printed out and posted in my kitchen, is the Ten Commandments of Surviving C. Difficile, especially #7, the one about hope.)

Hugs and healing to us all,
Nancy

Return to “Free Form Discussion”