Kids

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Brand76
Brand New Poster

Kids

Postby Brand76 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:15 pm

When you are in the throes of a c-diff episode how do you care for your young kids? I get so sick I can barely get out of bed and get to the bathroom let alone take care of my 3 young kids.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Kids

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Brand76 - Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for all new users on rules of posting, standard intro, testing info, etc.

My daughter was 3 when I was going through c-diff. It was not easy at all. I can't imagine how difficult it is with 3. I am not sure if you have any help, but I did take whatever help I could get from my husband and family. All you can do is rest whenever you can. Young children don't understand that Mommy is sick and can't play with them or can't take care of them. I pushed through as much as I could to take care of my daughter, but I definitely had the Mommy guilt that I wasn't paying enough attention to her or able to do what I normally did with her. I would let her watch tv and go on her ipad much more than usual, and tried to promote independent playing as much as possible. If your kids are a little older, making the eldest in charge of taking care of the younger ones can be quite fun for them. But you aren't any good to your kids if you don't take care of yourself first. You will get through this. I know it's hard, but you will.

Brand76
Brand New Poster

Postby Brand76 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks. My oldest is 6 and started kindergarten,and my middle is 4 and is in preschool, then I have a 4 month old. What's been so hard is trying to take care of a baby and trying to get my kids to school when I'm sick. I do have family that's been helping but this is my 2nd reoccurrence and they are getting burnt out. Just wondering how others have delt with this with kids.

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:37 am

I got Cdiff when my baby was 4 months old too and also had a 12 year old. It was very hard, my baby was just starting to sleep longer through the night and my older son had just started 7th grade. I begged anyone and everyone who could help me to come over, my inlaws, my mom, and some friends at church would sometimes come by on the mornings after my husband left to work to help with the baby. I also went to live with my mom for 2 months cause my baby tested positive for Cdiff too at 5 months old and i went into a deep depression, i was put on Zoloft and it helped immensely. My son will be 2 years old next month and i can honestly say i never thought i would make it through...but i did and so will you, please feel free to message me whenever you want or need to talk

Return to “Free Form Discussion”