Just checking in

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Just checking in

Postby Cm1619 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:05 am

Hello everyone. I hope there are lots of posters that are on the mend and getting their health in good order again!

I just felt like posting an update as I haven't posted in a while and I suppose I miss my support group.

I've been doing so-so. No relapses or anything but still dealing with once a month or every other month bad diarrhea episodes. Every time this would happen to me I would frantically post in this board asking you all to diagnose me with c diff or not. My anxiety clouded my judgement and for that I am sorry! You all were always so nice to me even though I'm sure you were all thinking "it's just a bug!". I beleieve I'm finally at the point where the episodes don't scare me anymore and I know it's my IBS. I'm also on an SSRI that has helped me tremendously and a few of you had suggested that to me and I was hesitant but so happy I inquired about it to my doc. I've been on them for about 4 months now.

Anyway, I'm coming up on my one year mark being c diff free and I wanted to thank you all for helping me through the worst year of my life. I'm finally enjoying my 1 year old daughter and getting my health back. I just can't believe it took so long! My case was very mild and I was "cured" with one Flagyl treatment but it still took me just under a year to get to eating normal again and even now I'm not how I was before c diff. I feel a bit like a baby after knowing what some of you have been through.

I've also discovered that I have lots of skin issues since having c diff. Itching and rashes on my legs and arms that seem to do better with Claritin. Thank you Amyc for mentioning mast cell on these boards bc I'll be looking into that. The itching is making me nuts!!

Im sending you all healing and positive vibes and prayers!

Benh
Contributor

Re: Just checking in

Postby Benh » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 am

Nice to see a post like this, thank you for sharing. It gives people like me hope that we will get better soon.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, thanks for posting and may you continue to feel better with each day!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Great to hear from you, happy all is going well!!

NanciT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am

So glad to hear that everything is going well for you! One year is definitely a milestone! Keep enjoying your daughter and enjoying life! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa

Return to “Free Form Discussion”