American Idol

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
diannestevens
Regular Contributor

American Idol

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 pm

This topic is for all of us American Idol fans to discuss the show. I just love American Idol and I have been watching since the very beginning. However this season is going to be hard to predict the winner. All the past shows I have been able to pretty much pick the top three. I agree with Simon and Randy that this season will be the season of the guys.
My favorites are and were, Lisa Tucker(who was voted off this week) Paris (she blew me away this week) The gray haired guy(cant remember his name but he is good) Ace, and Chris. Couldnt tell you this season who i think will make the top three. It is going to come down to the performances. I do think that this season Simon has relaxed a little when it comes to his comments to the contestants and I think Randy and Paula have gotten a little more picky. But lets face it, this season you really do have to be awsome compared with all the last seasons. The bar has been raised. Would love to hear from my fellow american Idol fans and get your take on who you think will take the prize.
Dianne Stevens

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:19 am

Well this is the first season where i've watch from beginning. Paula sometimes looks like she's on something (drugs...alcohol). I'm sick of Randy's "yo, check it out yo!" Simon's ok, but he used to be much meaner or so i've heard. I go to the Idol website and look at the comments from other viewers. Everybody seem to be hating on Paris because "she's fake". She is still a good performer. I don't like Taylor that much (gray hair). Ace gives out freaky looks at end of performances. Did you see that stare and hand shaking last week? too weird for me. He is cute (specially when smiles) but his cheeks are way too rosy. Mandisa sounds good but i'm afraid she doesn't fit the "profile".
I like bucky he seems genuine and Kelly Pickler seems to put on that fake dumb act. Elliot sings ok, but he doesn't have the looks. Christ too rock for me.
Hard to pick a winner.....none have that wow factor.

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:38 am

Yeah, I forgot about Mandisa! Your right, she doesnt fit the look of an American Idol. But remember before videos? (If your old enough) There were some great classic songs written and performed by some people who did not have any kind of style at all! I think Mandisa is the best female singer! And I like Kelly but she does have a fake persona. And yes, Paula is on something! Cant wait untill next weeks show. Do you know what the theme is going to be?
Dianne Stevens

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:48 am

It's Country Music Week. I used to listen to country music in the early 90's. It was just a phase, i had a friend who loved horses and that's all she listened to. One of my favorite songs was Strawberry Wine, Neon Moon. I hope they play some Brook n Dunns, Shanya, Garth, Brooks, Reba. Right now i do not know anybody in the country genre.

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:52 am

I have always listened to all kinds of music. My daddy was country and my mama was a whole lot of rock and roll, R&B and motown and soul. So I know the classic country as well as the new. I like Toby Keith and Keith Urban. Cant wait. It should be a good show. I wonder how ace will do with it though. He sounds like he is straight R&B. Should make for a great show!
Dianne Stevens

Return to “Free Form Discussion”