New Years thoughts

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
tanya12
Contributor

New Years thoughts

Postby tanya12 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:26 pm

I want to thank everyone so much for this forum. I honestly feel so grateful that I found it because this whole experience has been horrible and people don't understand unless they've gone through it
Usually when you take anabiotic's for something to go on with your life I don't have to deal with the wait watch worry thing. How true it is though. Every morning getting up to go to the bathroom you pray it doesn't come back. Every stomach pain every nauseous moment everything you put in your mouth Makes you worry and wonder.
I am now four days off the Vanco, so I have another 5 1/2 - 6 weeks to sit on baited breath hoping I am in recovery.
I never had stomach cramps through my whole ordeal now I do. However my stools are once a day,Bristol 3.or 4 . Hard to get excited about that because we all know things can turn quickly. I just pray that each day gets better . I actually had a glass of wine last night with my mom which I had a terrible stomachache after but I didn't care because I just want to regain some normalcy in my life and realized that sitting at home on my couch worrying and obsessing isn't going to stop my recovery or put me in a relapse. I would be running to the ER with stomach pain but I realized after having all of you here to give advice and reassurance that my stomach just went through three hard-core antibiotics clindamycin which caused this, Flagyl and the Vanco. Just expected everything to be great when the pills that but everyone was correct that that is when your recovery begins and crazy things happen and I can only hope and pray that I can put this behind me and continue to get better and if by chance I do relapse I need to be strong and deal with it.
I refuse To be a prisoner to this . I am going to break down at times I know I'm going to get scared at times but I have to dig deep and find the strength to fight.
Happy new year to everyone I am so grateful for all of you as I said earlier even when I asked stupid questions. I hope sometime in the future I can be there as a support to people who are newly diagnosed also. I could not believe how much this has changed me and has consumed me . Time to take my life back and stop living in fear.

Momof3
New User

Re: New Years thoughts

Postby Momof3 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:00 pm

This forum was a lifesaver for me too! There will be weird poops, nauseous days, anxious thoughts in the days and weeks ahead in your recovery. But you'll find a rhythm and learn what your body can and can't handle food-wise.

I learned a few months into recovery that I was allergic to milk wheat and eggs which was 80% of my diet and causing some of those recovery scares lol! I'm currently on day 4 of an Abx (and I've been cdiff free for 15 months). I woke up last night in a full blown panic attack worried I'm going to relapse. Then I reminded myself I've got thiS and I'm not going to let the fear of cdiff take any more space in my brain.

You've got this!

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 am

Right there with you tomorrow will be 3 days off vanco. The support here is a blessing especially early on when i was a total mess having flagy side effects. I keep the 3 day rule in my head. Wishing all good health

AlmaD
Brand New Poster

Postby AlmaD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:15 am

Planning for a family trip.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”