COMPUTER PROBLEMS

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

COMPUTER PROBLEMS

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:34 pm

I'm having problems accessing site. Sometimes I can pull up new posts and PM's and sometimes I can't. Don't know what problem is -- perhaps my computer. Will call my Internet provider soon. Lauren did some "pruning" so site is running faster, and I've also checked with Ori who said site has been upgrading.

Knitter & Jennie,
Will answer your PM's when computer is fixed -- can't even read your recent PM's now.

Jennie, I remember you said in one post you were having similar problems -- new posts not "taking." This is what is happening to me, and dates of posts don't show up past March 25 -- except once in awhile when I am able to read and post. Am tired of trying -- like going thru C. diff. again -- trial & error.

Knitter, please post what you PM'd me on site. So many of us have had the same experience with a doc. who says, "You can't still have C. diff. -- it must be IBS." You need imput from others (besides me) who have gone through this.

Back when computer is okay.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:43 am

Is anyone else having problems with AOL? I still am so am going thru Internet Explorer. After years of AOL, it's a pain in the a. . . to have to relearn but will keep me young. HA!

If I haven't answered anyone's PM, it's because of computer problems.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:51 am

This site has been working fine for me. We have Charter cable internet connection. $40 dollars a month, fast connection.... it's on all the time.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:53 am

Marcia,
I have cable as my ISP, too, but kept using AOL as it's free -- cable company owns it. Ask your husband what he thinks of AOL? (I remember he is "in the business.")

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:02 am

"what you think about aol?".... "It S. . . ."
I knew the answer already. We started with AOL, but since he is a computer dude he doesn't need all the fancy stuff. One point we were using 2 different internet providers, I did AOL and he did the other one.
AOL is "people friendly" meaning it makes it really easy for people to use, play around with it. I decided to let it go, at first i missed it, but now i don't even remember much of it.
Husband really doesn't use much the computers for chats or whatever. He is more into the networking of it. What makes them function, stuff like that....routing, firewall and things of that strange nature.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 am

Marcia,
People friendly is exactly why I like it, but it does have its problems, and for some reason, I can't use it on the support site anymore. Have checked with Ori, and he has same opinion as your husband, but it's like learning to ride a bike all over again. Had to edit the s. . . ., but agree that much in life does.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:22 am

Sorry Bobbie
I kinda thought twice about writting the whole thing but we all knew well the meaning of the word unfortunately. Yes people friendly means anybody can use it, it's very easy. It took me a while too, i was like i want my AOL back but got over it and now, i'm really glad i chose to keep it simple. Anytime you have a ? about your computer or anything feel free to ask, all i have to do is ask him.
Watching American Idol. I hope Bucky makes it. I get teased at work because i tell them i like him. He is not my favorite to win it but i don't want him gone yet.

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm using AOL security edition 9.0 and I have had nothing but problems with it and so have others I have spoken too. I also love american Idol! I like the grey haired guy! Lots of soul! I cant believe Lisa was voted off last night. I also loved Paris's performance this week! The girl has talent!
Dianne Stevens

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:14 pm

Lisa started out strong, many thought she was going to take it this year, but her last 3 performancees were weak imho (in my humble opinion). Many want Chris to win it but he rocks everything. I never see him doing nothing else than rock. Let's see how he does country week coming up.

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:37 pm

I like Chris also. He has stayed true to his fav style of music. It will be interesting to see what he does on Country week. I also like Ace. But Simon was right when he said that some of the contestants think in their minds that they are great thus leaving themselves open to being voted off. I liked the song Buckie sang this week. that is one of my fav Tim Mcgraw songs. We need to start an American Idol topic under free form discussion. I just love that show and I love to talk with other people about it. been watching since it first came out. Please join me for a chat.
Dianne Stevens

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:40 pm

Yes i have a feeling this posts are going to be moved to free form discussion. Sorry Bobbie i got a little off tracks.

diannestevens
Regular Contributor

Postby diannestevens » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:52 pm

Sorry Bobbie I got off track also. But I cant help it because American Idol is my fav show. But I am going to start a topic on it in free form discussion. Could help some of us get our minds off our health issues. But back to the computer problems. I had my computer updated and the hard drive cleaned up and now my AOL is running better. However I did get an internal error around 7:20 pm central standard time. Then I started getting an error that said the server was temp down or having problems and it told me to contact the site and let them know. I just signed off and signed back on and it was able to connect then.
Dianne Stevens

Return to “Free Form Discussion”