Goodbye for a few weeks!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
maxny1
Regular Contributor

Goodbye for a few weeks!

Postby maxny1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey all, I can't thank you enough, it's been like going through this with a team on your side instead of alone and afraid.

Leaving the hospital today, still pretty sick but much much better than when I came in.

I won't have phone or computer access for a bit, I'll be back in a few weeks.

-Joel (Max = middle name :)

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Goodbye for a few weeks!

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Joel - so glad you are leaving the hospital. Wishing you continued improvement and lots of health in the upcoming New Year!

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Postby maxny1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Well, I'm doing enormously better than I was in mid December.

My weight is nearly normal, going just 2x/day and fully formed for the past 2 weeks. I can even eat hot sauce regularly, my fave, and 1 cup of coffee or tea in the am without issues.

I finished 3 weeks of QID 125/mg Vanco 7 days ago, and am now on 6 additional weeks of q72hr pulse, from 375mg every 3 days down to 125mg every 3 days. And I have a bunch extra.

The lone small observ. study I found that compared "just 2wks QID" vs "QID then taper then pulse" vs "QID then pulse alone" did suggest better results from going right from QID to pulse, so I'm glad my ID doc does it this way. We'll see.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 am

Glad you've checked back in with us Joel, and best yet that you are doing so well.
Fingers crossed that this regime is what knocks it out once and for all.

Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 am

Glad you are doing well Joel , hope this vanco round will kick Cdiff for good. Keep us updated when you will have the chance!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”